Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

Crusader Kings II Game Night

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JauntyHat

I've been playing Crusader Kings II for several months now and I wanted to get in some multiplayer action but I'm not a part of any other large gaming community where I could find enough willing participants. It'd be amazing to get 5-10+ people on Giant Bomb to play against as I've heard some amazing stories from other games such as Europa Universalis.

So what's the word on setting something up, duders?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I actually was just about to post a thread about the multiplayer. How exactly does it work? I've been playing the hell out of the demo and I'm waiting until the Steam Christmas sale to pick it up. I'd most definitely be down for some online action.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Breadfan said:

I actually was just about to post a thread about the multiplayer. How exactly does it work? I've been playing the hell out of the demo and I'm waiting until the Steam Christmas sale to pick it up. I'd most definitely be down for some online action.

I have it, I'd totally play some MP, but I gotta second the how does it work question.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By envane

mp has always been janky for me in the paradox games , played a bunch of eu3 over lan and victoria 2 etc , never actually tried a mp game of ck2 it would be intersting to say the least.

if we can get something going with some ppl who actually know how a mp game should work , then yeah im down for sure , im just not sure how a session would play out , but im keen to have another excuse to get back into the game.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By inkerman

Yeah I'd be down, although I wouldn't be able to play until after christmas.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sumbog

I could probably participate, how does MP work?

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I wouldn't know how to play this game solo so how would this work xD tried the demo it's pretty insane.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@Inkerman said:

Yeah I'd be down, although I wouldn't be able to play until after christmas.

Same here. Was planning on trying to learn how to play the darn game over the holidays, so I'd totally be game for some MP.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JauntyHat

@VisariLoyalist said:

I wouldn't know how to play this game solo so how would this work xD tried the demo it's pretty insane.

The best thing I could tell you is go look at some Let's Plays on youtube, they tell you a heck of a lot more, in easier to understand language, than the tutorials ever could.

----

And as far as the MP works I also have no idea. I say the first thing you need to do is get your game key and go to the Paradox Forums here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forum.php

Sign up to the forum and register your game(s). It looks like it signs you up to be able to use the Metaserver for mp. Once that has been taken care of go to "your games" on the site and click the little lock icon next to Crusader Kings II once it's been registered. This SHOULD send your password to the metaserver to prove you are who you say you are. Then you turn on the game, go to Multiplayer the Metaserver and sign on using your Paradox screen name and password. This IS case sensitive apparently. I've only gotten up to this point though, and don't know how the server itself works or even looks like.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Fistoh

I'm totally down, I'm fairly experienced with the game, so I could help people along with learning it if that's a problem :3 
    I've never played multiplayer m'self, but my friends and I tried at one point, and I think we got to the point where I believe I could host a game and they could connect directly through an IP, but at that point, they wanted to play League of Legends, so I don't actually know if it works. I'd just like to say that something I've been wanting to do for a while is a bunch of people play as Holy Roman Duchies and we conspire together to bring down the Holy Roman Empire and form our respective nations (Bavaria, Germany, Saxony, etc.) Just an idea.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JackG100

Eu 3 is awesome on multipalyer. Big problem though with Paradox-games... out of sync errors. Games just stop working for no apparent reason.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JauntyHat

@Fistoh: That sounds awesome, themed games would be great.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By bishna

I might be open to this, haven't played in a while. Just depends on the scheduling. Was always curious how the multiplayer worked.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By breadfan

@Fistoh: That'd be awesome to play.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I volunteer

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fistoh

I just have to ask about Paradox games' multiplayer in general, how does game speed work? Pausing and all that. 

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JauntyHat

@Fistoh said:

I just have to ask about Paradox games' multiplayer in general, how does game speed work? Pausing and all that.

From what I remember it's all in the host's hands. They decide at what speed the game goes at and whether the game pauses.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Snail

Giant Bomb's PC Gaming Hub arranges this sort of stuff frequently. Maybe you should try there. There's an IRC and everything. It's fancy stuff.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By envane

i dunno how ck works but eu3 multiplayer each host has to choose to pause the game , then if someone wants to unpause , the other person has a timer to accept before it unpauses anyway , so they can still act etc , completely forget how game speed works

but yeh .. either pick apart the holy roman empire , or play as dukes of England and send William the conqueror back to where he belongs and then pick apart france ?

i dunno .. actually dismantling the holy roman empire would be a crazy task , considering the insane amount of plots and claims that would produce ..

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fistoh
    @envane: I think the most fun part would be after the HRE falls, with all of us unsure of each other's intentions in whether someone is looking to reform it with them at the head or just conquer all of their claimed land to expand their own kingdoms, etc. We'd all end up hating each other by the end of it :3
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By breadfan

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't know, but Crusader Kings 2 is on sale on Steam for $10.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JauntyHat

What's everyone's Steam Name on here? Perhaps we could create a group on there to make it a little easier to set something up :)

Jaunty_Hat is me :)

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HaltIamReptar

How does multiplayer work in this game? Is the game always going? What's the speed? What are you competing for - prestige? Do you function as opposite AIs; that is to say, can you marry off to each other, grant vassalation, etc?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.