Crush Is Back, and It's In 3D

#1 Edited by Realfruitjuice (10 posts) -

boom

(and the set is now complete)
Crush3d  looks good. It may even tempt me to actually turn the 3D effect on for a change.

#2 Posted by roelworp (9 posts) -

close!

#3 Posted by Demon_Sandwich (113 posts) -

i was just thinking of this game the other day. I'm happy to see it back

#4 Edited by spankingaddict (2739 posts) -

I remember Crush being good.

Also, isn't this a different character from the first? Don't really like the look of this new guy.

#5 Posted by Franktastic (18 posts) -

Hell yes! Crush was great on the psp. This game deserves a sequel.

#6 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

I don't remember a bathrobe....

#7 Posted by madsoultorsk (22 posts) -

I hope they keep the excellent voices and story from the original and not make it too kid friendly. I liked the original art style better too. But the gameplay looks as good as it was before. 

#8 Posted by cravins90 (118 posts) -

Not sure why they would choose to show off the poor jumping controls at the end there.

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -

3D Madness!

#10 Posted by drew327 (632 posts) -

Oh man I was hoping this was Crush from Finding Nemo

#11 Posted by Mr_Spinnington (123 posts) -

talk about a game that plays directly to the 3DS' top screen.  loads of fun on the PSP, i could be down for a sequel

#12 Posted by DrJota (701 posts) -

Oh wait,I thought you were talking about the pro wrestler.OK then,carry on!

#13 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

So... is it pronounced Crushed or Crush 3D?

Think I'll just go with 3D.
#14 Posted by mosespippy (4446 posts) -

My memories of Crush are of playing it while listening to something called The Arrow Pointing Down Podcast, or something like that. God that was a while ago.

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" I remember Crush being good.Also, isn't this a different character from the first? Don't really like the look of this new guy. "
HE HAS NO EYES
#16 Posted by Skrams (275 posts) -

I thought this was trying to be funny and it was going to be a Fez trailer but man what Crush is back.

#17 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Seems like a good fit.

#18 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Man, I fucking loved Crush on the PSP.

*runs to get PSP*

*realises he gave PSP to younger brother*

*is briefly upset, then remembers Crush was the only game he ever played on PSP*
#19 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

Looks really cool, haven't played any Crash games before.

#20 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

Okay, 3DS. You have my attention.

#21 Posted by Dain22 (319 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
" @spankingaddict said:
" I remember Crush being good.Also, isn't this a different character from the first? Don't really like the look of this new guy. "
HE HAS NO EYES "
He reminds me of 2-D from Gorillaz in that respect.
#22 Posted by Bollard (5844 posts) -

This looks like where Fez got all its ideas from... That's kind of disappointing. Also I want Fez still more than this. 

Also graphics look terribly meh, I don't see what anyone else is seeing in the art style.
#23 Posted by vinster345 (138 posts) -

Awesome. One of my favourites on the psp!!

#24 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

While this is probably the only game on the  3DS that seems to put 3D to good use, I hate what they did to the art style. It looks so bleh. Hopefully it retains the same whacky story as the PSP version.

#25 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

It looks OK, I don't really feel inclined to want to play this though. It's old hat, there are much better looking puzzle games coming to 3DS.

#26 Edited by Xpgamer7 (2398 posts) -
@Vegsen said:

" Looks really cool, haven't played any Crash games before. "

It's a sequel to crush, a puzzle game where you could flatten the world to 2D so you could get from one place to another.

So it's just a port of the original...Still looks interesting.
#27 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

#28 Posted by Durgum (4 posts) -

Loved Crush on the PSP.  This seems like a complete 180 in terms of character design, atmosphere and music choice, but the game play seems intact.  Perhaps people will actually buy it this time.

#29 Posted by Edgeward (11 posts) -

The artstyle is as bad yet different from the original but the core mechanics remains intact, which was fantastic on psp.  I hope it does infinitely better on 3DS.

#30 Posted by MeatSim (10939 posts) -

I forgot about the first game.

#31 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

I remember this game. Never figured out why people enjoyed it so much... It as pretty meh. 

#32 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

Loved Crush. Never finished it. Too busy with P3P to go back. :)
Will give this one a try when I'm done with Picross 3D. And when I find someone who owns a 3DS.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

This seems like an ideal use of 3D.

#34 Posted by codyanne (19 posts) -

This is neat!  I liked the first game well enough.  A concept that hadn't been tackled before - it's been long enough now that it's easy to get excited about it again :)

#35 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
#36 Posted by DirtyEagles (277 posts) -

I thought it was superman 64 from the thumbnail

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.