Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cryostasis

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 15, 2009

Arctic-themed Cryostasis has players explore a relatively faithfully constructed Soviet-era nuclear ice-breaker. Game mechanics include using heat and exhaustion to represent player stamina, using heat sources to regain this stamina, and the use of a flashback ability to alter the past.

Anyone have a Steam Key to share or trade?

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wanted to get the game but it is no longer available for sale on Steam (yet key holders can still download).

Does anyone have a key they'd share or trade with me?

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone even know why it was removed in the first place?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This seems out of the blue. I'm not sure it was ever on steam... was it? I played it a long time back and still sing the game's praises. I got it off of some other website that I can no longer remember. I had a crappier computer though and never finished it because it kept crashing near the end of the game. I tried to buy it again a year or so ago and it seems to have evaporated into the ether.

BeardyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BeardyDuck

Cryostasis was on Steam back in 2009 (a whole 2 years after it was originally released) and was subsequently removed because the publisher for the Steam release lost the IP and they weren't able to sell it anymore. You can probably find traders with gift copies, but otherwise you're probably going to have to buy a retail version which isn't really all that expensive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.