Atarcry? Cryptari? Atari-Cryptic! What?

#1 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

((*Sigh* I spent the last half-hour composing this article and right before I was going to click "submit," Internet Explorer closes on me. God dammit! Now I have to write it, again...))

ANYWAY! According to Cryptic: "Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to fully acquire Cryptic Studios Inc., one of the world’s leading developers, publishers and operators of Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games." (http://www.champions-online.com/node/163)

"Atari and Cryptic? Well, I didn't see that coming!"
I'm shocked, to be honest. Although maybe I shouldn't be. I'm one of the few (if not only) who believe that Infograms is headed for bigger and better things. This acquisition is an interesting one and may allude to the new direction Infograms is headed in. 

"Tell me about it!"

Part 2 -

Part 3 (Face Time) -

#2 Posted by jakob187 (21757 posts) -

Oh wow, nutty indeed!!!  And right on the eve of Champions Online.

With this, Dark Athena, and whatever that other game they have coming out was that I can't remember right now but gets me super psyched every time I think about it...is Atari making a fourth-quarter comeback?!
#3 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

They have The Witcher, Riddick, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Unnamed MMO, and more. I'm telling you, Atari is coming back. I don't think it will be...God, I am stupid. When you said fourth-quarter, I thought you meant fiscal quarters. *Shakes head*

Anyway, I have a feeling that there will come a time when everyone is awed by my insight and I will have "haha, I told you so" moments - galore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.