Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

ahhh should i buy it?!

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

damn review embargo's...  i really want this game to be good, but man im on the fence. maybe while at work tomorrow il see what the comunity is saying about it, but the parts ive seen so far do look good. is there anything else coming out tomorrow/soonish? 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Marz

Only Assassin's Creed Brotherhood coming out for PC tommorow.  But those are two fairly different games :)

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Just do what many people do, rent it & then if you like it, go back & buy it unless you don't like it. Granted you could just buy a console version of the game & trade it in if you don't like it. GLHB.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SharkMan

no dont buy it.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jackel2072
    @fox01313 said:
    " Just do what many people do, rent it & then if you like it, go back & buy it unless you don't like it. Granted you could just buy a console version of the game & trade it in if you don't like it. GLHB. "
    every video store in town has gone out of business in my area. there be only redboxes here my friend... 
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

Wait until the embargo ends? I'm sure waiting an extra day or two won't kill you.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Driadon said:
    " Wait until the embargo ends? I'm sure waiting an extra day or two won't kill you. "
    if its one flaw i have its im  impatient and impulse buy...wait thats 2. 
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I keep going back and forth about buying it on direct2drive.com because they have a 20% off code that ends today that would make it like $52 after tax.

I bought the first Crysis pretty much day one and thought it was awesome til about halfway through when you cross over into Alienville.  This one seems to be pretty much all alien, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm buying it. 

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Vexed
    @Jackel2072 said:

every video store in town has gone out of business in my area. there be only redboxes here my friend...  "

Gamefly shipped me a copy this morning.  Shit has saved me so much money <3
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By l4wd0g

I pulled the trigger on the PC version. The PS3 version is awful. The 360 version had some serious lag issues in the controls, but they seem to have fixed the problem (based on the latest demo). I would demo it. Demos are free (for now).

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @l4wd0g said:
    " I pulled the trigger on the PC version. The PS3 version is awful. The 360 version had some serious lag issues in the controls, but they seem to have fixed the problem (based on the latest demo). I would demo it. Demos are free (for now). "
    Final version for the PS3 is solid and looks pretty much identical, if anything the PS3 version seems to have some better lighting based on screenshots on Lens of Truth.

Also Playstationstyle has a bunch of videos of the PS3 version, and they all look great for the console version.

If I was going to buy it, i would just buy the PC version tho.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671

The lack of reviews has me a little worried.  EA is apparently not letting any major outlet release a review, which is sometimes a sign of a game not being very good.  It's the reason I've been holding out on pre-ordering with Amazon, making me miss out on their $10 credit.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By buft

I'm going to pick it up on Friday, which is the UK release day. The multiplayer demo/Beta was okay but im more interested in the story mode which some people have claimed runs about 13hours and has some of the best AI seen on a console,which if your like me and considering one of the console versions sounds mighty impressive. 

The one thing that strikes me about the game is the streamlining of the Nanosuit abilities, in Crysis 1(which chugged along at about 15fps on my old rig) i never really felt all that super-soldiery but with the powers condensed down i can run jump and smash with the best of them.    

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By l4wd0g
    @Krakn3Dfx said:
    " @l4wd0g said:
    " I pulled the trigger on the PC version. The PS3 version is awful. The 360 version had some serious lag issues in the controls, but they seem to have fixed the problem (based on the latest demo). I would demo it. Demos are free (for now). "
    Final version for the PS3 is solid and looks pretty much identical, if anything the PS3 version seems to have some better lighting based on screenshots on Lens of Truth.  Also Playstationstyle has a bunch of videos of the PS3 version, and they all look great for the console version.  If I was going to buy it, i would just buy the PC version tho. "
    I'm glad to hear it. The PS3 demo I played was not good. The controls were laggy, the game looked awful, and the sound was off. If they fixed all those issues, that's awesome.  PC is the way to play this one. I hope.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Buy it!
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rockanomics

If your not sure then just wait, the game's not going anywhere, and the price can only go down and the number of reviews up.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malphye

I went ahead and brought it but yeah you should wait if your not certain. Reviews scores don't influence me and it was a day one purchase for me when it was announced.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

fuck no. 

Rob_NYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rob_NYY
    @Spoonman671: Amazon is still offering that $10 credit. I'd still wait for a review before pulling the $60 trigger though.
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Sin4profit

Meh, i'm waiting for a Steam sale. If they had offered a preorder discount i probably would have bought it but by not offering that incentive i always say, "i can just wait for the reviews first". Even after that the excitement from anticipation is gone and i just say "fuck it" and wait for a sale.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @drag said:
    " So I heard some website called Giant Bomb (??) gave it four stars.  "
    So far its getting fairy high scores. I am waiting for amazon to deliver my copy. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.