Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 Demo launch commands list

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

I've compiled a tutorial for and a list of the known flags for the C2 demo, so that you can customize and improve your experience.  

1. Find the .exe for the C2 Demo (should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32) and make shortcut for it. Place the shortcut anywhere you want, your desktop for instance. 

2. Right click the shortcut-->properties 

3. Under the shortcut tab you'll see the full filepath to the .exe ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe") 

4. From here, you can add different flags that will modify how the game looks and plays. To do so, add the flag with a space and plus sign between each one. Capitalization doesn't matter. For instance: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV=90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1 +cl_crouchtoggle=0 +cl_zoomtoggle=0 +i_mouse_accel=0 +i_mouse_smooth=0 +cl_sensitivity=3  

List: 

Recommended: 

cl_crouchtoggle=0/1 (if zero, crouch only when held, if 1, crouches until you press again)  
    cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV=90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=90 (changes field of view from default 55 to 90, while sprinting and not sprinting. Feels more like the original Crysis. You can modifiy the number in the '90' position to be any field of view that you want, but 75-90 is recommended)
    cl_zoomtoggle=0/1 (if zero, zooms only when held, if 1, zooms until you press again)
    g_skipIntro=1 (skips straight to the menu screen)   
    r_motionblur=0 (reduces the game's excessive blur) 

Optional: 

cl_sensitivity=x (where 'x' is a number between 0 and 100. Useful if you wish to set a sensitivity that is not a multiple of 5)  
    i_mouse_accel=0/1 (0 turns off mouse acceleration, 1 puts it on (it's on by default) 
    i_mouse_smooth=0/1 (0 disables mouse smoothing, 1 enables) 
    r_glow=0 (turns off the HDR effect, which is slightly excessive to some people) 
    r_postmsaa=0 (turns of TAA; you get an increase in image quality but more aliasing around edges)

If you have any others that you know about, tell me and I'll add it to the list. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Useful stuff, much appreciated.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

Here's actually a config that does all of the above for you and more: direct link. Place in same folder as exe.

Courtesy of RJayW from this Steam thread.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thanks, I'll try some of it out.  So far though, I HATE the demo.  Everyone just seems to hide in windows on pier 17 or in dark corners on skyline in stealth with sniper rifles or shotguns, and nanovision gets old quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.