Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 revealtrailer is bad, music is excellent.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By HellBrendy

So, the Crysis 2 revealtrailer (or what ever you call those movies)  is out, and it looks terrible. The dude in the suit looks like a half drunk rag doll, the humans looks like cardboard, the aliens look like organic  unnamed run of the mill decepticons and the blood on screen-effect is lousy.  

Song on the other hand, is not. I found out (read: got told on YouTube) that it's the brittish singer Polly Scattergood that sings. Sadly I can't find this song anywhere, nor any information about the song. 

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HellBrendy

So, the Crysis 2 revealtrailer (or what ever you call those movies)  is out, and it looks terrible. The dude in the suit looks like a half drunk rag doll, the humans looks like cardboard, the aliens look like organic  unnamed run of the mill decepticons and the blood on screen-effect is lousy.  

Song on the other hand, is not. I found out (read: got told on YouTube) that it's the brittish singer Polly Scattergood that sings. Sadly I can't find this song anywhere, nor any information about the song. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

I don't think some people even know half of what they're talking about. Have you played the first Crysis?
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

Well I thought graphically the character models needed a bit of work but that may be simply due to console restrictions (I'm guessing it was made in-engine). The overall feel of the trailer was pretty good though, the song was of course excellent but I thought the action that took place was great as well, especially in tandem with the song. It sort of reminded me of the Gears of War Mad World commercials. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jimbo

If only they had some of those helicopters that can fly higher than buildings.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

Just watched the trailer. I am not impressed, not impressed at all!

The first two Crysis games were pretty mediocre, this is giving me that same feeling in my gut that it'll be like them as well. Crytek need to stick to creating engines I think.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Geno
    @Hamz said:
    " Just watched the trailer. I am not impressed, not impressed at all!  The first two Crysis games were pretty mediocre, this is giving me that same feeling in my gut that it'll be like them as well. Crytek need to stick to creating engines I think. "
    Crysis Warhead wasn't that great but Crysis was groundbreaking for its time in almost all departments. 
    HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HellBrendy
    @NTM: Yeah, and i even liked it. And I'm not saying I'm already hating Crysis 2, I just found the reveltrailer to be a tad weak. 
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Hamz
    @Geno: I politely disagree sir. Even at the time of its release the only ground breaking aspect to Crysis was the visual quality and that was all.
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By borodin
    @Jimbo said:
    " If only they had some of those helicopters that can fly higher than buildings. "
    Im gonna pander to the nerd in me, but flying at that height is actually the smart thing to do, you can only get fired at from a fairly small number of directions and it limits the effectiveness of any emplacements the aliens might have - you can only cover an intersection or a street, rather than a huge radius around and above out in the open. Flying high above the buildings puts you in full view of everything in the surrounding area - not a smart move.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Geno
    @Hamz said:

" @Geno: I politely disagree sir. Even at the time of its release the only ground breaking aspect to Crysis was the visual quality and that was all. "

Many people write Crysis off for simply being a graphics showcase, which it is. But in addition:  

- It had an amazing and dynamic soundtrack written by Inon Zur, the man behind the soundtracks of such games as Fallout 3, various Everquest and Everquest II games, Warhammer 40k games, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Prince of Persia and Dragon Age: Origins.  

- Its storytelling and cinematography were bar none; it was the first truly "cinematic" game  

- It had the largest open world environments, with islands scaling 1:1 to real world islands

- It had the most realistic and extensive physics system to date, allowing for new gameplay opportunities

- It had very good voice acting and the best character facial animation (which is based on animators' ability, not on graphics), thus raising the standards of human depiction in games

- It offered multiple methods and multiple routes to finishing a level pretty much unseen other than in the original Far Cry.   

- Offered a powerful modding toolset (Sandbox 2) that rivals Source and Unreal in terms of robustness, and also a detailed console commandset allowing for further user content such as maps, configs, tweaks, levels and even entire games.

Crysis 1 was an extremely solid game all around, and really the only thing that it can be faulted for is its performance which makes it inaccessible to a larger audience. That seems to be what they are trying to fix with Crysis 2. 
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo
    @borodin said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " If only they had some of those helicopters that can fly higher than buildings. "
    Im gonna pander to the nerd in me, but flying at that height is actually the smart thing to do, you can only get fired at from a fairly small number of directions and it limits the effectiveness of any emplacements the aliens might have - you can only cover an intersection or a street, rather than a huge radius around and above out in the open. Flying high above the buildings puts you in full view of everything in the surrounding area - not a smart move. "
    Tell it to the families of those dead marines.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Geno said:
    " @Hamz said:

" @Geno: I politely disagree sir. Even at the time of its release the only ground breaking aspect to Crysis was the visual quality and that was all. "

Many people write Crysis off for simply being a graphics showcase, which it is. But in addition:   - It had an amazing and dynamic soundtrack written by Inon Zur, the man behind the soundtracks of such games as Fallout 3, various Everquest and Everquest II games, Warhammer 40k games, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Prince of Persia and Dragon Age: Origins.   - Its storytelling and cinematography were bar none; it was the first truly "cinematic" game   - It had the largest open world environments, with islands scaling 1:1 to real world islands - It had the most realistic and extensive physics system to date, allowing for new gameplay opportunities - It had very good voice acting and the best character facial animation (which is based on animators' ability, not on graphics), thus raising the standards of human depiction in games - It offered multiple methods and multiple routes to finishing a level pretty much unseen other than in the original Far Cry.    - Offered a powerful modding toolset (Sandbox 2) that rivals Source and Unreal in terms of robustness, and also a detailed console commandset allowing for further user content such as maps, configs, tweaks, levels and even entire games. Crysis 1 was an extremely solid game all around, and really the only thing that it can be faulted for is its performance which makes it inaccessible to a larger audience. That seems to be what they are trying to fix with Crysis 2.  "
    While I agree that Crysis was a good game and not just a graphics showcase I think that you might be exaggerating quite a bit.
    Prymet1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Prymet1me
    @MaFoLu said:
    " @Geno said:
    " @Hamz said:

Many people write Crysis off for simply being a graphics showcase, which it is. But in addition:   - It had an amazing and dynamic soundtrack written by Inon Zur, the man behind the soundtracks of such games as Fallout 3, various Everquest and Everquest II games, Warhammer 40k games, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Prince of Persia and Dragon Age: Origins.   - Its storytelling and cinematography were bar none; it was the first truly "cinematic" game   - It had the largest open world environments, with islands scaling 1:1 to real world islands - It had the most realistic and extensive physics system to date, allowing for new gameplay opportunities - It had very good voice acting and the best character facial animation (which is based on animators' ability, not on graphics), thus raising the standards of human depiction in games - It offered multiple methods and multiple routes to finishing a level pretty much unseen other than in the original Far Cry.    - Offered a powerful modding toolset (Sandbox 2) that rivals Source and Unreal in terms of robustness, and also a detailed console commandset allowing for further user content such as maps, configs, tweaks, levels and even entire games. Crysis 1 was an extremely solid game all around, and really the only thing that it can be faulted for is its performance which makes it inaccessible to a larger audience. That seems to be what they are trying to fix with Crysis 2.  "
    While I agree that Crysis was a good game and not just a graphics showcase I think that you might be exaggerating quite a bit. "
    Yea just a wee bit much lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.