Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Framerate on the 360 is making me not want to continue.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ericdrum

At it's core, I really like this game and have had a fun time with it so far. But in SP, the framerate is terrible. I have the game installed on my HDD. I don't know what else I can do, but every time that I need the action to at least be smooth because I have several AI attacking me at once, the framerate dips way low and I can barely manage. I would gladly sacrifice some graphical bells and whistles to just be able to play this game more smoothly, but at this point I'm ready to just put this game on the back burner.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ericdrum said:
    " At it's core, I really like this game and have had a fun time with it so far. But in SP, the framerate is terrible. I have the game installed on my HDD. I don't know what else I can do, but every time that I need the action to at least be smooth because I have several AI attacking me at once, the framerate dips way low and I can barely manage. I would gladly sacrifice some graphical bells and whistles to just be able to play this game more smoothly, but at this point I'm ready to just put this game on the back burner. "
    Never had this issue. Uninstall it? Clear cache? Try that. Game was nice for me all three times I played. 
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

I didn't have that problem either.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

I never had anything remotely like your describing  but in truth i made this same complaint in the past then realized that my Xbox was damaged because it red ringed a few days later.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ericdrum

Wow. I have the new S 360. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to framerate issues? Do you guys not notice any framerate problems at all? Even in Jeff's review he points out that the framerate is not very good.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Vanek
    @ericdrum said:
    " At it's core, I really like this game and have had a fun time with it so far. But in SP, the framerate is terrible. I have the game installed on my HDD. I don't know what else I can do, but every time that I need the action to at least be smooth because I have several AI attacking me at once, the framerate dips way low and I can barely manage. I would gladly sacrifice some graphical bells and whistles to just be able to play this game more smoothly, but at this point I'm ready to just put this game on the back burner. "
    I'll admit the frame rate isn't great but calling it terrible is a bit much.

Don't get me wrong it annoyed me enough that I gave up on it, along with the game just not interesting me in the slightest, but I think the case is more constant stuttering.  When you're playing a reflex based game online stuttering really does become a real annoyance.
    ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ericdrum
    @Vanek:  I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything. It just seems that no other games on the 360 or PS3 are this bad. I play a lot of games and from my experience, this framerate is worse than any of the other console titles I've played. I should also state, that I really WANT to finish the game because I really like everything else it has to offer (from the SP perspective). I just am having a hard time getting past the framerate.
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Crixaliz
    @ericdrum: Try playing in 3D. I couldn't notice any framerate dips with 3D enabled. Also its probably the best 3D game I have played so far.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have you played mass effect?

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Malphye
    @ericdrum: I'm with you on this. Even though I've played 30 minutes of the SP, it felt slow and clunky and the graphics seem off to me on the 360 version. Going to get down and dirty with it soon and I hope I'll get used to it but man, I wish it was a s smooth as a COD game.
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By delta_ass

There are certainly times where you'll be looking out at a rather large vista, or straight down a New York street that goes into the distance, and the game has to render lots of stuff. This will cause the framerate to drop and it'll feel somewhat sluggish. But I wouldn't say that it ever gets unplayable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm about 2 or 3 hours into the single player and the framerate for me is unplayable. The multiplayer seems to hold up much better. Trading this game in the next time a good deal comes up because the multiplayer isn't that great.

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By onlineatron

I'm having trouble playing it on 360 aswell. 

The aisling really hinders my view, and the the frame-rate dips whenever there's gunfire. 

I have the game installed to my drive. 

The game itself is really cool, a nice break from the standard linear, 'one solution to everything' shooter that has been plaguing my disk drive lately (see: COD). 

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @ericdrum said:
    " Wow. I have the new S 360. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to framerate issues? Do you guys not notice any framerate problems at all? Even in Jeff's review he points out that the framerate is not very good. "
    Reach had some pretty awful dips, I never saw anything as extreme in Crysis 2. Would you say yours are as bad as the Reach dips? If you have played Reach's SP, you probably know what I mean.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @hedfone said:
    " have you played mass effect? "
    LOL. Ive just went back to play both Mass Effects last week. Stuck Mass Effect 1 in the 360.....wow. Never remembered it being that bad but its terrible at points for frame rate issues.  At least I get plenty of time standing in elevator for my eyes to re-adjust.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Axxol
    I didn't have that problem either.
    Me neither people have to stop with the Crysis 2 framerate bitching. Have you ever played Naughty Bear?????
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy

I played almost half of the story campaign in one night (well I think it was almost half) with a buddy and we didn't experience anything like this. And this was on a 360 S but the game was installed.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Vinny_Says

HAVE YOU PLAYED MASS EFFECT???

The framerate was fine on my playthroughs, it's obviously not 60 fps but it never dipped.....

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By groin

I found the frame rate to be consistent but it always felt less than 30 fps. They tried to hide it with motion blur. If you spin around with a laser sight while standing still it looks really bad.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ericdrum

Yeah with ME, I did notice it. I think because that game wasn't so precision dependent, I looked past it. With Crysis 2, I want to feel the buttery smoothness that I feel with other shooters that I enjoy and it just isn't there. It should also be worth knowing that our eyes are all sensitive in different ways and that what some of us see others won't for a variety of reasons. If they framerate seems good to you, consider yourself lucky. I really like the game and wish it was smooth for me, but it's just not very smooth. When I get home tonight I will clear my cache and continue on some more.
    @MordeaniisChaos: 

I did complete the Reach campaign. I definitely noticed the dips in that game, but they didn't bug me as much as this game does. There were times of smoothness. I have no way to measure, but even this game seems to chug along at 20 fps most of the time. And when I shoot a gun in C2, things seem to lag and slow down.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I never commented to myself that something looked wrong with the frame rate.  And even if there was dips at time, I was too busy playing the game to notice.

H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By H4xlike

It does dip but they generally do a good job hiding it.  If you don't look for it it's hard to notice.  Maybe if you jump straight off playing something like CoD4 where the framerate is top notch, but Crysis 2 is really a slower paced game that looks far more impressive.  I'll take the trade off in single player games. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You have a dope pc now, get it on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.