Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Hahahahha fail crysis 2 footage

bcooper56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcooper56

I was watching crysis 2 live at ign and It was the PC version because Cevat Yerli was doing an interview and he was explaining the game while they were showing live footage and it crashed to the Windows 7 desktop....haha and they acted like it was console footage. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

They got caught. Wondering how many other people did that.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

The game does have pad support.

@bcooper56: Was there a viewable PC tower or 360 in the video?

bcooper56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bcooper56
    @JJOR64 said:
    " The game does have pad support.

@bcooper56: Was there a viewable PC tower or 360 in the video? "
    It was pc footage remember brink people were like omg the graphics on 360 gameplay and it was all on pc and just using gamepad and final game will not support gamepad on pc.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kishan6

would you really want to see crysis 2 on 360 instead of pc?

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @bcooper56 said:
    " I was watching crysis 2 live at ign and It was the PC version because Cevat Yerli was doing an interview and he was explaining the game while they were showing live footage and it crashed to the Windows 7 desktop....haha and they acted like it was console footage.  "
    Did they say "we are playing this on the 360"?  If not, it's just a bit if trickery on their part.  You can't go around demoing a game with a mouse and keyboard. 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @bcooper56 said:
    " @JJOR64 said:

It was pc footage remember brink people were like omg the graphics on 360 gameplay and it was all on pc and just using gamepad and final game will not support gamepad on pc. "
    looooooolz
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @bcooper56 said:
    " I was watching crysis 2 live at ign and It was the PC version because Cevat Yerli was doing an interview and he was explaining the game while they were showing live footage and it crashed to the Windows 7 desktop....haha and they acted like it was console footage.  "
    Did they say "we are playing this on the 360"?  If not, it's just a bit if trickery on their part.  You can't go around demoing a game with a mouse and keyboard.  "
    ^This
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

If what they were showing was always the pc version, it's equlivent to the first crysis on the cryengine 2 on low settings for textures. Someone tell yerli to turn that setting back to max, then again, we are downgraded to console level of textures for the first time ever from one of his game.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Feser
    @kishan6:
    If you don't have a good PC rig, then yeah, I kinda want to see it on the 360.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By shirogane
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @bcooper56 said:
    Did they say "we are playing this on the 360"?  If not, it's just a bit if trickery on their part.  You can't go around demoing a game with a mouse and keyboard.  "

Well, you could...but a gamepad is much easier. So yeah, messing with people's assumptions, awesome. Hopefully the game doesn't crash constantly. Crysis 1 blue screened me constantly. But that was mainly cause i was running it on a PC that could hardly handle it.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green
    @kishan6 said:
    " would you really want to see crysis 2 on 360 instead of pc? "
    no, i wouldn't want to, but i have a feeling that the PC version is going to get screwed somehow. the game getting screwed up somehow by a bad port, bad optimization, no dedicated servers, no console, no mod support. these are things that newer PC games have been screwed with. 

pretty funny that it crashed. they should have made sure that it played.
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FireSketch
    @iam3green: I doubt it because they've stayed true to the platform so far. Bringing it to the console is just a way to get the game to more people (and make more moolah).
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ectoplasma

Maybe it was the Xbox Version running on a PC? Where do you think u develop an XBOX game?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @ectoplasma said:
    " Maybe it was the Xbox Version running on a PC? Where do you think u develop an XBOX game? "
    On the Xbox 360, where else?
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kishan6
    @iam3green said:
    " @kishan6 said:
    " would you really want to see crysis 2 on 360 instead of pc? "
    no, i wouldn't want to, but i have a feeling that the PC version is going to get screwed somehow. the game getting screwed up somehow by a bad port, bad optimization, no dedicated servers, no console, no mod support. these are things that newer PC games have been screwed with.   pretty funny that it crashed. they should have made sure that it played. "
    ya most likely you are right 
    and my guess is that it will be bad optimization and maybe no console
    mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By mrariscottle
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @ectoplasma said:
    " Maybe it was the Xbox Version running on a PC? Where do you think u develop an XBOX game? "
    On the Xbox 360, where else? "
    Games are developed on PC for Xbox 360?
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By defaulttag
    @HitmanAgent47: Cryengine 3 looks terrible. A step back even, just to accomodate consoles. I doubt the PC version will ever look as good as the first Crysis even if you max out all settings. Just the fact that the game is in an urban environment with less polygons compared to an island with immense amounts of foliage is a huge factor to the game's visual quality. I just hope the gameplay is a lot more fun with lots of replayability (I didn't like Crysis Wars) this time around. If it is, I wouldn't care if the graphics were good or bad.
    Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mono_Listo

Well, the game could have crashed for a variety of reasons unrelated specifically to the code. Device or system drivers, general issues with the file system or physical disk, etc. But in any case, they should have made sure their shit was pristine and ready to go before revealing it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Fudgeman7 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @ectoplasma said:
    Games are developed on PC for Xbox 360? "
    Baited and caught!  Maybe should have added a "/sarcasm" at the end of that.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Fudgeman7 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @ectoplasma said:
    Baited and caught!  Maybe should have added a "/sarcasm" at the end of that. "
    So does that mean the one they showed at the conference was also PC? 
    Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mono_Listo

I always thought that games are typically developed using SDK's running on a PC, ported to a console, and then tested and refined before builds are released. I personally can't see how it would be feasible to develop a game solely using the target platform. Hell, the last two Linux apps I assisted in developing (as a non-content authority or subject matter expert) were actually developed within Windows.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Mono_Listo: Would it even be possible to develop games on a console?  Other than stuff like Trackmania or LittleBig Planet, the system would need stuff like code compilers and all that crap.

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " So does that mean the one they showed at the conference was also PC?  "
    Maybe.  There were 360 controller prompts, so I kind of doubt it as I don't think they would have implemented 360 controls on the PC version quick enough to just make it be shown at E3.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn

It really isn't unusual for a pc game to crash, much less an unreleased one, its rare on almost every game but it still happens, unfortunately for Crytek it happened during a live demo.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @Fudgeman7 said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @ectoplasma said:
    As far as I know, Mono_Listo has it right. Typically, games are "made" (coded, art assets, whatever) on PCs. Then they send all of it over to the dev kit where it runs and keeps statistics like crash logs, memory usage, and whatever other utilities those dev kits have on them. Then they work on it some more on the PC, then send the new version to the 360, etc. XNA is almost exactly like this, except for the fact that you're using a regular 360 rather than a dev kit with all the utilities on it.

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure it was the PC version, but they just used a controller, because demoing something with a controller is a lot easier (e.g. the demoer can stand instead of having to have a desk). Remember, Crysis had controller support, as well...

EDIT: 
    Sorry for bringing this topic back up, but I felt this needed to be sorted out.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @bcooper56 said:
    " @JJOR64 said:

It was pc footage remember brink people were like omg the graphics on 360 gameplay and it was all on pc and just using gamepad and final game will not support gamepad on pc. "
    oh wow ....
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By JP_Russell

Found this post on InCrysis. 

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=486425      

"Anyhow, after speaking to a friend of mine, he'd did a little researching after playing back Cevat Yerli's video with the crash to Win 7 desktop.

Here's the snapshot:

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt54/DrR1pper/Crysis2crashtodesktop.jpg 

The second top icon called 'Xbox 360 Neighborhood' is a portal to play 360 games from the PC hard-drive on an xbox 360 developers kit for debugging purposes. Underneath the 'Xbox 360 Neighborhood' icon are 2 levels, 'CentralStation' and 'terminal', the two (live demo'd) levels we've been privy to thus far.

an example of an Xbox 360 developers kit.

So the levels were run on an xbox 360 with the developers kit (as the game is not complete) then streamed back into the PC for display.

So i was wrong and i guess the back-stage interviews were mistaking the developers debugging PC kit for the platformed demo(s) as the game isn't ready yet (most likely still being tweaked, debugged or updated). I guess they don't want people to know the game isn't ready yet by showing off a butt ugly (dev kit) 360 and a PC."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.