Here Are The First Shots Of Crysis 2

• 164 results
Posted by Brad (3334 posts) -
EA just sent out the first screenshots of Crytek's humdinger sequel Crysis 2, which seems like it may be getting closer to a full unveiling with E3 fast approaching. 

In lieu of any faux-witty commentary, why don't we skip straight to the whaddayathink? (Full, giant-size originals located here.)

#1 Posted by Brad (3334 posts) -
EA just sent out the first screenshots of Crytek's humdinger sequel Crysis 2, which seems like it may be getting closer to a full unveiling with E3 fast approaching. 

In lieu of any faux-witty commentary, why don't we skip straight to the whaddayathink? (Full, giant-size originals located here.)

#2 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Holy s*it! Like, seriously.

#3 Posted by CookieMonster (2450 posts) -

You get to shoot guns? like, actual guns?

#4 Posted by onimonkii (2464 posts) -

i like the new suit look

#5 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

And stuff flies around everywhere, too. It's something I've never even seen in a game before.

#6 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -
I can run crysis 2 at 2560x1600 max settings with x16q AA and high shadows, but this game runs so bad on my laptop why?
#7 Posted by ToTheMax (25 posts) -

The return of Master Shoe

#8 Posted by Haoshiro (115 posts) -

Yep, that's Crysis... and running on a seriously high-end PC too, I'm sure. 

More importantly, though, what will this look like on a 360 or PS3?  I loved Far Cry and Crysis, but I'm done with PC at this point.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (12434 posts) -

Great crotch rendering.

#10 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

Looks awesome, just as Crysis should look!

#11 Posted by DRE7777 (398 posts) -

Wait, pardon my ignorance but are these seriously screen shots from the game, like actually how the game will look when you play it? If so, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!

#12 Posted by lordofultima (6286 posts) -

I believe it. One of the only games that can have early screenshots that people believe are real.

#13 Posted by l3illyl3ob (286 posts) -

It'll be nice to see if Crytek can finally pull off Crysis level visuals like this on a console.

#14 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

My computer will probably run it on low settings at 640x480.  Can't wait!

#15 Posted by l3illyl3ob (286 posts) -
@DRE7777 said:
" Wait, pardon my ignorance but are these seriously screen shots from the game, like actually how the game will look when you play it? If so, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! "
Yeah, that's what they say, and I'm willing to believe it.  To be perfectly honest, these don't lo a whole lot better than the first Crysis does.  A definite improvement, but not an unrealistic one.
#16 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
@Brad:  I beat you to it, Brad!  Muahaha!!! 
#17 Posted by OwlPen0r (22 posts) -

I'm dubious. They're not really screenshots because Crysis is an FPS. Even if they were made in-engine, it isn't hard to make one frame look that good. I'll wait until we have video, ta.

#18 Posted by TheAdmin (715 posts) -

I'm glad we might finally be getting off the island!

#19 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Terrain deformation?

#20 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

That explosion looks fucking insane!

#21 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Hmm... Looks pretty sweet. However these screen-shots are not AMAZING in my opinion.

I think it may be the shading and some small details on the sides. Other than that it looks good.

#22 Posted by spazmaster666 (1993 posts) -
@DRE7777 said:
" Wait, pardon my ignorance but are these seriously screen shots from the game, like actually how the game will look when you play it? If so, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! "
Well those shots have a ridiculously high level of AA so yes while it is possible for the game to look that good, it will probably run like shit even on the highest end systems available today. So while the assets are probably all from in-game, it won't look as sharp since you probably won't be able to run the game with 16xSSAA or whatever they used for those shots.
#23 Edited by NoXious (1353 posts) -

Wait, will this run on an Xbox 360/Playstation 3?
If not, why are they releasing a new Crysis? Didn't it have bad sales / high piracy ratio?

#24 Posted by CrimsonJester (156 posts) -

Looks like someone watched G.I.Joe Movie

#25 Posted by HatKing (6115 posts) -

Are these screenshots or concept art I can't even tell?
#26 Posted by yani (413 posts) -

These will be from some UBER rig they've got going.  If it's anything like the last one it will be badly optimised and run like crap. 

Reckon you'll need at least couple of these new radeon cards to get this game running like that.

Here's hoping I'm wrong... 

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
@99X said:
" I'm glad we might finally be getting off the island! "
Speaking of getting off the island, your avatar is awesome.  ;)
#28 Posted by Haoshiro (115 posts) -
@CrimsonJester:  

More like the people that made the movie played them some Crysis! :)
#29 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#30 Posted by spazmaster666 (1993 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" Wait, will this run on an Xbox 360/Playstation 3?If not, why are they releasing a new Crysis? Didn't it have bad sales / high piracy ratio? "
It's coming to all three platforms, but obviously the console versions won't look as good as the PC version.
#31 Posted by yani (413 posts) -
@NoXious: kind of...it's coming to all three but even a $2,000 rig will struggle with it if it's anything like the last one.  The console versions will be (I'd imagine) much less impressive.
#32 Posted by masterpaperlink (1874 posts) -

AHHHHHHHHHH

#33 Posted by b33 (413 posts) -

yes, but will it run crysis?

#34 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I guarantee there are people expecting it to look like this on consoles. 

#35 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

Definitely not as mind-blowing as the first images of Crysis, but still pretty f***ing good.

#36 Posted by Rayeth (1071 posts) -

I too am pumped to see Crysis in a setting that looks vaguely non-island.  Let's be real, no one playing these games really cares a ton about the story.  If they can pull off a semi-believable transition to a city I think everyone would be on board.

#37 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:

" I guarantee there are people expecting it to look like this on consoles.  "

It will do given the improvements to CryEngine3. It will look very close to the baseline mid level seen on PC. 

Here's some more images...
 Nano Suit 2.0

#38 Posted by Jazz (2322 posts) -

My late 2007 Macbook Pro ran Crysis with a 128mb graphics card in bootcamp on medium settings...so i never quite understood the problem....

#39 Posted by Haoshiro (115 posts) -
@yani:  

I don't think it's quite as bad as people made it out to be.  Sure it takes a lot to max the settings and get 60fps, but we don't even get that on console games.  Many games barely hit 720p, if that, and 30 fps.  God of War 3, on the "True HD" (1080p) PS3 only runs at 720p itself. 

A year or two ago I was playing Crysis on a mid-level GPU (ATI Radeon 4850) and got great performance at Medium settings, which still made it look better then a good 75% or more of the games out even today, imho.
#40 Posted by Haoshiro (115 posts) -
@Rayeth:  

I don't think they really need a reason/transition at all.  The first game established they were a special unit and were dropping onto that island for that mission.  Having missions elsewhere in the world, even a desert, wouldn't really require a reason beyond "we have a crisis over here, your mission is to ... GO" 
#41 Edited by hamlaser (230 posts) -

pew pew pew. So are those KPA he is shooting at?

#42 Posted by Jimbo (10000 posts) -

That looks an awful lot like vanilla Crysis.

#43 Posted by Bgrngod (67 posts) -

I'm looking forward to watching my computer choke on this one too.

#44 Posted by Sharpless (472 posts) -

It has graphics. This could change everything.

#45 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I really liked Crysis but Crysis Warhead was a total disappointment.

#46 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

If that's the console version, fuckin a.  I briefly scanned through the Playstation magazine issue and the screens looks really good.  I can't wait to see it in motion.

#47 Posted by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

What is this? CGI?

#48 Posted by Spiritof (2096 posts) -

I can't wait to hear the new techno-babble that will come with the release of this game.

I wonder how many pixelflops Crysis 2 is capable of at one time? Aggroshading? Maybe some twizzlemapping?

#49 Posted by Xeiphyer (5611 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Aha!
THERES YOUR REAL 'CRYSIS'!
#50 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

These screenies must''ve been exclusive to EDGE magazine, since they're well over a month old now. Looking good anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.