Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

How is the full game on PS3?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I remember everyone saying the demo of the PS3 was fucked. Now that the game is out, how is it? I keep hearing that now it's the other way around: that the 360 version has screen tearing and framerate issues. Can anyone confirm or deny? I was planning on buying the game some time this week.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

It's perfectly fine. The resolution is a bit lower so it's slightly blurrier, but I rather like that because it makes it look better imo. Also the shadows are a lot better than the 360 version (smooth edges versus jagged and angular). Textures are the same. I didn't notice any framerate hitches or screen tearing, but take that with a grain of salt because I'm usually oblivious to such things unless they are severe (like 15fps). 

Overall, I'd say they are near identical apart from the slight resolution difference and shadows. 
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I have the 360 version. All I know is that when the 360 version gets action-heavy, the framerate takes a big hit, but on the PS3, it's fairly steady throughout.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Revan_NL
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @Enigma777: you think slightly blurrier makes things looks better? It's the complete opposite for the pc version. "
    Not always, but in this case, yes I do. There's something about the Crysis artstyle...
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AuthenticM

I think I'll get it then. While we're at it, how hard is the highest difficulty? Are the trophies crazy?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By scarace360

I suggest you play on pc.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AuthenticM
    @scarace360: I know. It looks way better on PC. Unfortunately, my PC cannot run Crysis 2 very well. My video game is a X1950XTX... a last-gen model (actually, the last last-gen video card put out by ATI). Also, I love them trophies, so, PS3 it is for me.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @AuthenticM said:
    " I think I'll get it then. While we're at it, how hard is the highest difficulty? Are the trophies crazy? "
    I suggest playing it on a lower difficulty first, so you can upgrade your suit. Then the highest difficulty is a cakewalk. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.