Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Minimum System Requirements For PC - Comparision

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90
    Crysis 2 Minimum system req:
    •  A Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 processor clocked at 2GHz
    • 2GB of RAM
    • A GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3850 with 512MB of video memory
    • 9GB of hard-drive space
    • DirectX 9.0c-compatible audio
    • And, of course, a keyboard and mouse (Xbox 360 controllers will also be supported on Windows)
    Crysis 1 Recommended req: 
    • Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+  
    •  Memory – 2.0 GB RAM 
    • GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
    • OS – Windows XP / Vista 

You scared? I am scared..
    I mostly scared if it is not the improved graphics that requires more horse power, but if the graphic engine is not optimized at all, or not optimized for PC :/

Cannot wait to benchmark this game, I mean "play" it.

:D
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Wow, my 9600GT just BARELY flies.

I just hope the game is quad core optimized.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

Crysis 1's "recommended req" would barely be enough for lowest settings. Heck, modern day top end cards like GTX 580 still struggle with it at the higher settings.

It will probably be a demanding game, but I would be surprised if it was significantly more demanding than Metro 2033. Which means there shouldn't be anything outside the realm of what we've already seen in terms of performance demands.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amir90
    @Geno: My buddy with his 8600GTS, q6600 (2.4GHz) and 2 gb ram, he played crysis 1 at high (not very high) 1440x900 no AA with 35-40 fps average. Also, I think it was dx10, but I don't remember.

I haven't tested crysis 1 for awhile, but Crysis warhead I was able to do quite good @ 1920x1200, no AA, DX10, Very high ( I think it is called something else), but no motion blur (It eats a lot of frames and I prefer no motion blur) and I have 40-50 frames depending on the situation.

Also, I think only a few setups in the world can do these games @ average 60 framer per second 

This is taken from a Norwegian hardware site
    The setup they have is:

Motherboard
    Gigabyte EX58-extreme

Processor
    Intel Core i7 920
    Memory
    6 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz
    PSU
    Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF

HDD
    Western Digital Black 640 GB SATA II
    Monitor
    Dell Ultrasharp 3000WFP

And here is a chart of many GPUs they have tested:

No Caption Provided

It is games like this where you need to get horsepower from everything, drivers, patches, modifying settings.ini, etc etc.

Thanks for posting.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By SammydesinasNL
    @Geno said:
    "Crysis 1's "recommended req" would barely be enough for lowest settings. Heck, modern day top end cards like GTX 580 still struggle with it at the higher settings. It will probably be a demanding game, but I would be surprised if it was significantly more demanding than Metro 2033. Which means there shouldn't be anything outside the realm of what we've already seen in terms of performance demands. "

Well, I'm  a bit dissapointed that Cryengine 3 doesn't have tesselation (as far as I know there aren't any DX11 features).
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Geno
    @amir90: Only relevant graph: 

No Caption Provided

GTX 580 = 40.5fps in C1. That's a $500 card.  Next closest solutions are $350. 

I dislike when people say "I played this game at [notch away from highest settings] with [X] and [Y] turned off at [below standard resolution] and [no/low AA] and it ran [30-40]fps, see it's not that demanding". Highest standard settings (currently 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 with 4xAA and highest in-game settings) with a 60fps performance target is the only measure that can be used, and from that Crysis has always been on the upper echelons of performance demands and still is. 

Also Warhead is a lot less demanding than C1, being much more linear and having the graphics toned down a bit. 
    mosdef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By mosdef

Sad admission: I spent more time choosing a video card than looking over documents when buying a home :)

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By amir90
    @Geno:

I wasn't claiming that is the how max graphics is, I was simple stating that there is possible to play crysis on high without ridiculous setup.
    And how is that chart more valid then mine? It doesn't state anything, is it crysis with newest patch (which support multi gpu) is with the newest driver, or did they pick an older one, is the CPU OC, etc etc. 
    (sorry, I forgot to mention that chart was 1920x1200, max graphics but no AA.)

I only choose to turn of motion blur because it made it harder to shoot enemies, that doesn't make my performance invalid, and isn't 4xAA on that high resolution overkill?
    Warhead was less demanding because the engineers improved the graphic engine code wise, I wouldn't say it is graphically inferior to crysis 1.

Ofc being able to play it at max, 1920x1200 with 4xaa, dx10 with 60fps average is absolutely the optimal way to play it, but this is reality, no one is denying that crysis 1 proved to be demanding, after all, it took years for hardware to get "max" at a descent level, after I bought my machine 2 years ago with around 1 year old hardware (estimate) I benchmarked and played around with a couple of settings on crysis, I eventually gave up, as at the time, there weren't that many good drivers for my card, neither any patch that could help me, as crysis were nvidia friendly. So I played it with no AA and motion blur and with descent fps, and I was happy about it, there is so much time I can use on benchmarking a game before I want to play it, and I had lots of fun with it =)

Funny that it is the ati cards that is closets at the optimally level!

Also the challenges doesn't stop there, have you heard that there is possible to get even better settings on crysis 1?
    Something about unlocking it via settings or something, made most computer freeze, lol.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Geno
    @amir90:  4xAA is not overkill, PC gamers have been using that level of AA since 2004 if not earlier. The most common monitor resolution right now is 1920x1080 and 1920x1200. I'm simply referring to the commonly accepted settings that contemporary games are typically benchmarked and played at, and can thus be compared. If Game A is at max settings, 1920x1080 and 4xAA and runs at 30fps while Game B is at max settings, 1920x1080 and 4xAA and runs at 50fps, we can safely say that Game A is more demanding. If you mention your own custom settings, it doesn't really make sense to anybody other than yourself. Therefore it can't really be brought into a discussion about whether a game is demanding or not. Many smaller websites make the same mistake of testing games without AA or at custom settings.

That you can play the game at lower settings is fine, and I never claimed otherwise, I was simply saying that there are certain standards by which modern games are deemed demanding or not, and it's not really appropriate for you to use your own custom settings to justify why Crysis is or is not demanding. At the same quality settings, it is more demanding than 90% of the games out there, and also demanding on an absolute scale since it takes >$300 graphics cards to run above 30fps at our current graphical standard.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amir90
    @Geno: That is correct, however, at such high resolution the difference between no AA and 4xAA are noticeable if you directly looking at leaves or something.
    But I do get that it is part of the standard regarding benchmarking, but I thought that resolution that high didn't require AA.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Geno
    @amir90: We haven't reached a point where AA doesn't matter yet, even at high resolution. Even the difference between 4x4 and 3x3 supersampling AA is noticeable (both of which are much better than 4x multisampling AA). 4xAA is just the generally accepted standard, as it's a good balance between visuals and performance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.