My Crysis 2 Video Review

Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

My video review for Crysis 2 on Xbox360.   I'd appreciate likes, comments, and subscriptions if you enjoy it. Note that I don't have a great quality microphone and bumping can occasionally be heard. If you have criticisms, let me know. 

Thanks guys.
#1 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

My video review for Crysis 2 on Xbox360.   I'd appreciate likes, comments, and subscriptions if you enjoy it. Note that I don't have a great quality microphone and bumping can occasionally be heard. If you have criticisms, let me know. 

Thanks guys.
#2 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

Nice review. Keep up the good work.

#3 Edited by AlisterCat (5488 posts) -

For some reason I'm surprised that you understand basics of editing and pacing. I guess I've seen too many bad youtube reviews. Would have been good if in the cinematic footage you had disabled the HUD but since you say it's the Xbox360 version you couldn't do that. 

Edit: Oh yeah, good job.

#4 Edited by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@AlisterCat: Do you mean the HUD during full on story sequences or the "Press Y to Look" and "Press A to Skip" crap?
#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I thought it was very good. Hope to see more!

#6 Posted by Sin4profit (2910 posts) -

It's all fun and games til Stealth Pig sneaks in. 
Excellent review.  
i've heard so many mixed things about this game that i'm waiting for a sale on steam before i pick it up.

#7 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

solid review man. i think you went a bit long on explaining the story, but it was pretty good overall.

#8 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

This was nicely produced and had many good points. Great review. 

#9 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

I'm glad these get positive response. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it takes a surprising amount of time to capture, import, and compress all the footage. Like 24 hours. But if people seem to like them, I have a reason to keep doing them.

#10 Posted by AlisterCat (5488 posts) -
@CraigAA said:
" @AlisterCat: Do you mean the HUD during full on story sequences or the "Press Y to Look" and "Press A to Skip" crap? "
The only point it occurred to me was the shot of the building falling down.
#11 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

it was extremely well done my friend. you have a lot of really good transitions and cuts. but, it does feel like its missing something. 

#12 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@Jackel2072: I'm curious what's missing to you
#13 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -
@CraigAA said:
" @Jackel2072: I'm curious what's missing to you "
im not sure. your style of video review is vary indicative of game trailers. so maybe my brain was just waiting for some pretty graphics in between the shifts. =) 
#14 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Keep it up, nice job!

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

thoroughly enjoyed watching that 
excellent job !

#16 Edited by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

It was awesome, but am I the only one that likes well segmented reviews?Gameplay,Graphics,Story,etc. 
Other than that, great review.
#17 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

Good shit!

#18 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

Definately well done. I have two comments one it:
* Like someone else said your style (pacing and wordchoice) seems very reminiscent of GT, I guess you can take that as a compliment because they are great but it would be cooler if you developed your own style.
* Your voice is not as pleasant to listen to as the Giantbomb crew or the gametrailer dude. I'd advice you to drink a ton of whiskey and take up smoking ;)

#19 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

Great review, might want to shorten the length a bit. Hope to see  more. Your editing was pretty great. 

#20 Edited by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@FirePrince: I'm a bit confused. My review is segmented going Story, Gameplay, Multiplayer, Presentation, Conclusion. The white transitions are my segment indicators. Unless you want a big flashy graphic that pops up and goes " STORY*, which I can't do cause I don't know how to make those
#21 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@jozzy: Yeah I can see the parallel between GT and me. It's an effective delivery method and one I find easy to do. As for my voice, I'm not a big fan of it myself but hey, I'm 20 so my voice ain't changing.
#22 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -
@CraigAA said:
"

@FirePrince: I'm a bit confused. My review is segmented going Story, Gameplay, Multiplayer, Presentation, Conclusion. The white transitions are my segment indicators. Unless you want a big flashy graphic that pops up and goes " STORY*, which I can't do cause I don't know how to make those

"

Understandable, since I can't do flashy edits either.
#23 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

Outstanding review, very informative but without being spoiler-heavy.

#24 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

Great review, and I'm proud of the community for not shouting, "YOUTUBE SPAM!" every fucking second.
#25 Edited by NTM (7281 posts) -

Sounds like a gamespot review. Not that that's a good or bad thing, it just means no matter what way you look it it, it sounds near professional. Good job. By the way, I love the example you showed with the sound, because I noticed that sticking out as well. 5:43 to 5:48.
#26 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@NTM said:
 By the way, I love the example you showed with the sound, because I noticed that sticking out as well. 5:43 to 5:48. "
I loved the example he showed for bad voice acting, that man-and-his-wife scene made me physically cringe for about a full minute when I played it. 
#27 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

I have nothing to criticise sounded really professional, dude.

#28 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Solid review!

#29 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@CaptainCody: Trust me, I was realllly scared that would happen when I posted my Homefront reivew as well as this one. Thankfully the GB community is awesome
#30 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -
@CraigAA said:
" @CaptainCody: Trust me, I was realllly scared that would happen when I posted my Homefront reivew as well as this one. Thankfully the GB community is awesome "
lol I remember another dude that made a not so good video review, posted it here and got flamed to hell
#31 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -
@Raineko said:
" @CraigAA said:
" @CaptainCody: Trust me, I was realllly scared that would happen when I posted my Homefront reivew as well as this one. Thankfully the GB community is awesome "
lol I remember another dude that made a not so good video review, posted it here and got flamed to hell "

Yeah, I recall that. I understand all of the Whiskey sites have different regulations regarding forums but half the time the mods lock threads of people posting videos of their hard-made reviews just to spite them, along with locking threads with swears in the title rather than changing them. I appreciate what everyone does to keep these forums a great place but no matter what I give a big thumbs down to the mod who can banish someones content and have a straight face over it.
#32 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@CaptainCody: Well then I'm happy the mods saw my post as good content rather then waste that needed to be cleansed. 
#33 Posted by me3639 (1730 posts) -

A+++ Really great job on all points that matter. My only 2 cents are to slow down and breath.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.