Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

No directx 11 support or any news on when the patch is released?!

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HoM3R

I want my first playthrough to be perfection and will not play this when you need a future patch to make it perfect.
    Do they expect pc owners to buy the game and just /cry over the box until this patch comes out.
    Im hearing it doesnt make much of a diff but its really sad because directx 11 support was advertised and Crysis 2 is like 1/5 of the reason I bought a new graphcard.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh man pity you'll be missing out on all that sweet, sweet tessellation.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By amir90

Same is with Shogun2, but they didn't bother implementing DX10 or AA on start of the game.
    But they have samurais and ninjas so they have an excuse at least :)

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @HoM3R said:
    Do they expect pc owners to buy the game and just /cry over the box until this patch comes out.
    Hey as long as you're buying it, they don't care what you do with it....as long as it isn't pirating the game. This doesn't really matter for me as I just have an older DX10 card, but I can imagine a lot of pc gamers out there ready to make their systems explode would be slightly miffed if the fancy rendering hook wasn't included with the game. I know I want to max shit out first thing out of the box even if I can't run it well. Tweaking comes later.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Subjugation

Is shipping without DX11 some new trend? Shogun 2 and now this? You shouldn't be patching in major features of your game. If you are, you shipped an incomplete game.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rockanomics
    And they're charging 60 bucks? Yeah I think I'll stick with waiting.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

I think since DX 11 applies to such a small portion of the PC owning population that I can see why they're not making it a high priority. As someone who's going to invest in new PC, with a DX11 card this doesn't really bother me that much. I'm used to getting 20fps on minimum most games so just seeing it rendered on any setting at 60 is good enough for me. I don't have the luxury to be that picky for the time being.

Also that patch'll totally be out by the time I get my computer and if it isn't, there's always Metro 2033 and Civ V to test that tech out.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By korwin
    @XII_Sniper said:

" I think since DX 11 applies to such a small portion of the PC owning population that I can see why they're not making it a high priority. "

DX11 support applies to every PC gamer running Windows Vista or 7, it's hard a small section (recent steam poll shows that the market share for these OS's is larger than the install base of Windows XP).  You can run DX11 on a DX10 card, it simply disables the advanced features not supported by the hardware (in other words you can still use DX11 on your 8800/9800/GTX200 series cards).  There is no reason to skip out on supporting it anymore.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Geno

If they implemented DX11 features like tessellation and advanced DoF the game would likely be more demanding than Metro 2033. Not saying that it should've been done on DX9, but a lot of people complaining about lack of DX11 don't even have good enough hardware to run it with the "missing" DX11 features. As it stands, you currently need an HD 6970 or GTX 570 to play it at max settings with 60fps. 

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Mcfart

Dragon Age 2 had DX11, and look how that turned out. Even with the texture pack it still looks like ass. DX11 ain't gonna magicly turn Crysis 2 into a spectacular marvel.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoXious
    @Geno:
    Which is what both me and HoM3R bought no more than a month ago coincidentally ;-)
    Shame - but seeing as how bad DirectX 11 was implemented in Dragon Age 2 I'm left to wonder if it's for the best...
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By korwin
    @Geno said:
    " If they implemented DX11 features like tessellation and advanced DoF the game would likely be more demanding than Metro 2033. Not saying that it should've been done on DX9, but a lot of people complaining about lack of DX11 don't even have good enough hardware to run it with the "missing" DX11 features. As it stands, you currently need an HD 6970 or GTX 570 to play it at max settings with 60fps.  "
    True however if the game was built from the ground up for DX11 the existing level of visual fidelity could be achieved with a higher level of performance.  Theres no disputing that tessellation and advanced DoF are larger performance killers however there bonuses in a native DX11 environment when it comes to geometry rendering and lighting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.