Should I feel accomplished after finishing this on super soldier?

#1 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

So I beat Crysis 2 yesterday on super soldier and I didn't really feel like I accomplished anything at all. I mean its like "yea I beat this game on super soldier so what?" as opposed to other games I've finished on the hardest difficulty where I feel awesome for a few days.

so I'm wondering if I should really call this an accomplishment or just another "finished game"?

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

You don't need our approval to be proud of something.

#3 Posted by Kidavenger (3569 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

You don't need our approval to be proud of something.

Yes she does.

#4 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@BraveToaster: I'm more or less curious if it was actually "hard" or if it was just a slight challenge to most people.

@Kidavenger: he dammit HE

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@living4theday258 said:

@BraveToaster: I'm more or less curious if it was actually "hard" or if it was just a slight challenge to most people.

@Kidavenger: he dammit HE

It was quite easy for me 
#6 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Halo is the shooter that requires more skill with higher difficulties so no you probably shouldn't.

FEAR 1 got pretty hard on hard too I guess.

#7 Edited by Eaxis (928 posts) -

I played on that difficulty on my second playtrough. It was really easy using stealth to just run past guys. 3h30min it took me to complete it the second time after 9hours the first time when I took my time. Some of those scripted moments sucked but otherwise not hard at all if you used stealth.

#8 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx: when you say halo you aren't including halo 3 are you?

#9 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1447 posts) -

Let the milk and cookies do the talking, not the forums.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@BraveToaster: I'm more or less curious if it was actually "hard" or if it was just a slight challenge to most people.

@Kidavenger: he dammit HE

I could have sworn you said you were a she...

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

From what I remember playing Crysis 2 on normal when it first came out, the AI is rather terrible and you could skip whole sequences by just running in a straight line to the next objective.

Take from that what you will about the game's difficulty

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I've always wanted Xbox live to have a my top 5 achievements to show up on my profile. I defiantly would have Burnout Paradise and RDR on there and Mile High Club if I had it...

#13 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@Kidavenger: he dammit HE

Well now you ruined it.

#14 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Depends on if you died or reloaded the checkpoint a lot or sneaked past everything you could. If you did, then yeah you might feel pretty 'meh'.
 
@believer258 said:

@living4theday258 said:

he dammit HE

I could have sworn you said you were a she...

Wait a minute... I just realized you both have 258 at the end of your names. Is that a reference or a coincidence? Judging by the way he edited his post from "he goddammit HE" to "he dammit HE" it makes me think it must be a bible verse thing.
#15 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@MrKlorox: yes there is a bit of relation there. I got rid of goddammit because I thought it was a bit of a harsh reaction.

@valrog: :(

#16 Edited by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Depends on if you died or reloaded the checkpoint a lot or sneaked past everything you could. If you did, then yeah you might feel pretty 'meh'.

@believer258 said:

@living4theday258 said:

he dammit HE

I could have sworn you said you were a she...

Wait a minute... I just realized you both have 258 at the end of your names. Is that a reference or a coincidence? Judging by the way he edited his post from "he goddammit HE" to "he dammit HE" it makes me think it must be a bible verse thing.

It took you people long fucking enough.

And my brother is in fact a he. And neither of us mind hearing or saying "goddamnit."

EDIT: And on 258 - I added that to the end of my name way back when I first used it, on Xbox Live. My brother just copied it because he isn't creative. Both of the names, apart from 258, are (or at least were, I haven't been to church in forever) Christian references.

#17 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@MrKlorox said:

Depends on if you died or reloaded the checkpoint a lot or sneaked past everything you could. If you did, then yeah you might feel pretty 'meh'.

@believer258 said:

@living4theday258 said:

he dammit HE

I could have sworn you said you were a she...

Wait a minute... I just realized you both have 258 at the end of your names. Is that a reference or a coincidence? Judging by the way he edited his post from "he goddammit HE" to "he dammit HE" it makes me think it must be a bible verse thing.

It took you people long fucking enough.

And my brother is in fact a he. And neither of us mind hearing or saying "goddamnit."

his use of language sucks. not to mention its unnecessary

@believer258: dammit now I wanna watch the original FMA and i just finished brotherhood

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@living4theday258: @believer258: BROTHERS!!! So do you guys fight over who showers first and stuff??? (I kid. I'm sure you guys don't live together.)

#19 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@awesomeusername: might be getting a little personal but yes he lives with me my mom and dad I'm not quite old enough to live on my own yet.

#20 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@living4theday258: It's only personal with a man in a white van. I'm in a pink one. (Don't trust me!)

On a serious note, it's not personal really. Unless your family doesn't want you telling random internet people that. Then it's personal!

#21 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I drive a purple van. believer might think its personal not me.

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@awesomeusername: I drive a purple van.

You're a weirdo! Stay away from me!

#23 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@living4theday258: @believer258: BROTHERS!!! So do you guys fight over who showers first and stuff??? (I kid. I'm sure you guys don't live together.)

Eh? No, we still live in the same house. I'm a commuter in college and he's in high school.

#24 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@awesomeusername said:

@living4theday258: @believer258: BROTHERS!!! So do you guys fight over who showers first and stuff??? (I kid. I'm sure you guys don't live together.)

Eh? No, we still live in the same house. I'm a commuter in college and he's in high school.

College. I hate it. Speaking of college, I have homework to be doing. But I've been procastinating the past couple of days....

#25 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@believer258 said:

@awesomeusername said:

@living4theday258: @believer258: BROTHERS!!! So do you guys fight over who showers first and stuff??? (I kid. I'm sure you guys don't live together.)

Eh? No, we still live in the same house. I'm a commuter in college and he's in high school.

College. I hate it. Speaking of college, I have homework to be doing. But I've been procastinating the past couple of days....

On that note, I accidentally left my Economics stuff in the IT department, so the studying that I was going to do tonight is shot...

...so I listened to the Bombcast and played the first Borderlands.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@believer258 said:

On that note, I accidentally left my Economics stuff in the IT department, so the studying that I was going to do tonight is shot...

...so I listened to the Bombcast and played the first Borderlands.

You're fucked. I did one of my homeworks. I have 2 essays to do by Friday and Saturday. I also have to buy an access code to this website in order to do my math homework. Shits $55 and my next math homework is due tomorrow. I'll make up an excuse of not having the money but actually getting it afterschool. I'm pretty sure she'll let me hand it in Friday.

#27 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Brothers? Oh my. I'm assuming you learned of GiantBomb from Believer258?

#28 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Wait who is brothers? I missed the convo at hand

#29 Posted by Hunter5024 (5707 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

Wait who is brothers? I missed the convo at hand

It's still there...

#30 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@TheHumanDove said:

Wait who is brothers? I missed the convo at hand

It's still there...

Too lazy though. Far too lazy.

#31 Posted by Hunter5024 (5707 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@TheHumanDove said:

Wait who is brothers? I missed the convo at hand

It's still there...

Too lazy though. Far too lazy.

Believer and the OP.

#32 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Ah. Believer is a cool dude. I suppose I'll be on my way now. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.