Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

So i just played Crysis 2

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By blaze503

I live in Nottingham and this week has been Gamecity, and one of the games that was there was Crysis 2 (you probably guessed that). We played a 2v2 game and it was actually really good, felt good and was really snappy. The mode they were showing was drop pod which at first they didn't really explain but essentially it is headquaters from MW, essentially when the alien dropped a pod you had to run and defend it and claim it.  It clearly had a leveling system and customisation. We played on 360 and it still looked pretty amazing and the controls were handled really well.

Was cool to play a game pre-release and got me excited to play this game.

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By blaze503

I live in Nottingham and this week has been Gamecity, and one of the games that was there was Crysis 2 (you probably guessed that). We played a 2v2 game and it was actually really good, felt good and was really snappy. The mode they were showing was drop pod which at first they didn't really explain but essentially it is headquaters from MW, essentially when the alien dropped a pod you had to run and defend it and claim it.  It clearly had a leveling system and customisation. We played on 360 and it still looked pretty amazing and the controls were handled really well.

Was cool to play a game pre-release and got me excited to play this game.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster

What do you mean 2v2?  Was there not an option for 32v32 or some other multilayer amount that isn't absolute garbage?

Hopefully they showed you some of the single-player cause no is going to want to play that Quake 1 shit.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gizmo
    @BunkerBuster said:

" What do you mean 2v2?  Was there not an option for 32v32 or some other multilayer amount that isn't absolute garbage? Hopefully they showed you some of the single-player cause no is going to want to play that Quake 1 shit. "

The Crysis franchise has become a console focused franchise, duder.  

64 players in a game is just too much for consoles without it looking fugly. 
    32 players is possible (and has been done) on console hardware, but it would probably be very prone to framerate issues.
    blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blaze503

nah they only had 4 consoles there i am afraid, the festival isn't huge. And no they weren't showing any single player. Also there were bots so the game was actually 6v6, and it was an appropriatly small map.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @Gizmo: 32 would have to be the bare minimum for anyone to care. If Battlefield: BC can do it Crytek needs to get it done.  

@blaze503:
     Alright, well was there at least some interesting things that haven't been in any other shooters. Like seeing through walls or punching through walls or 100 foot horizontal leaps?
    blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blaze503
    @BunkerBuster:  well in crysis fashion you could cloak and jump really high. As the assualt class i could also stomp the ground to kill some people from above which was pretty cool.
    Xakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xakura
    @BunkerBuster:
    Actually, BF: Bad Company does 24 players on console, would be unfair to compare Crysis console to BFBC PC.
    miguelkosta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By miguelkosta76

The first game was infamous for it's demanding high system requirements. In order to play the game was almost mandatory to upgrade your computer. Now with this release and with the possibilities of that happening again is with great content that I read the announcement made by the Crytek team saying that Crysis 2 requirements will be lower then the first and will also support stereoscopic 3D. Without a doubt an impressive feat having in mind that this game will have one of the most  beautiful  and dynamic worlds ever created in a video game.    

http://deepwatergames.blogspot.com/2010/11/crysis-2-quick-look.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.