Stealth mode deactivated

Posted by dakotadog (2 posts) -

Yep, my first blog post (quest completed).  So what better to sound off about than a glance at what I've been playing recently.  Crysis 2 on the 360 has seen the disc tray a lot recently.  Based on the chapter numbers I'm about 75% through.  The game makes a great first impression.  The graphics are excellent, the sound is good and the Nano suit feels awesome.  But... then the game wears on.  I'm getting fatigued with the game play -- stealth on, kill a guy or two, stealth off to recharge, repeat.  Occasionally I break out and do a little run-and-gun but that ultimately leads back into stealth to heal up.  Still the game is fun.  I'll probably finish it this weekend but I can see what keeps this from being a truly great game.  

#1 Posted by dakotadog (2 posts) -

Yep, my first blog post (quest completed).  So what better to sound off about than a glance at what I've been playing recently.  Crysis 2 on the 360 has seen the disc tray a lot recently.  Based on the chapter numbers I'm about 75% through.  The game makes a great first impression.  The graphics are excellent, the sound is good and the Nano suit feels awesome.  But... then the game wears on.  I'm getting fatigued with the game play -- stealth on, kill a guy or two, stealth off to recharge, repeat.  Occasionally I break out and do a little run-and-gun but that ultimately leads back into stealth to heal up.  Still the game is fun.  I'll probably finish it this weekend but I can see what keeps this from being a truly great game.  

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

CLOAK ENGAGED, CLOAK ENGAGED, CLOAK ENGAGED.

That alone got me a little sick of the stealth gameplay, and I started runnin' and gunnin'. Though I'm kinda losing steam for the overall game... it was fun for a while, but I dunno, don't feel the need to finish it right away.
#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I don't know how any sane human being can endure - and even praise - this piece of shit game that TOTALLY rips off Call of Duty. (dare ask me how it rips it off and im bombarding you with a wall of text)

fuck Crysis 2. fuck it so hard. FUCK IT. my god fuck it :@ im sorry im sorry, let me rephrase : FUCK IT !!!!!
*calms down* even the visuals looked fucking cartoonish FUCK CRYSIS 2.

Ok, ok.. on-topic : yes i agree that Crysis 2 is repetitive, and it's really long, but not in the sense of "we have so much to offer that our campaign is huge" but rather "you're gonna be repeating the same shit forever so you can feel that this game is long enough to deserve full price"

@XII_Sniper said:
" CLOAK ENGAGED, CLOAK ENGAGED, CLOAK ENGAGED.

That alone got me a little sick of the stealth gameplay, and I started runnin' and gunnin'. Though I'm kinda losing steam for the overall game... it was fun for a while, but I dunno, don't feel the need to finish it right away.
"
one of the things i despised the most about this game, yes. I remember the glorious days of Crysis 1 when i could keep jumping in and out of stealth, raise hell and run and gun yet still manage to finish half the battle while being invisible and sneaky.. it was so glorious.
in this game, if you don't engage cloak, Crytek make fucking sure that you regret it.
ENGAGE YOUR FUCKING CLOAK 24/7
#4 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Unmount the HMG.
Maximum Armor.
Problem, Stealth?

#5 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -
@dakotadog:  Thanks for not making your first blog more than a three word post that says 'see the title' or 'I like kittens' like so many have posted before.

I agree with you, it does get kind of tiresome but it's not all about stealth kills, Crytek have put in a few big fights where you can find yourself surrounded and having to fight your way out of almost hopeless situations only to then find yourself back in the same stealth kill cycle. Ultimately I would like to have seen a few additions to the game such as Challenge modes like in Batman: Arkham Asylum where the challenges could be played in single player mode or even have more objective based multi-player modes than they have at the moment.

Maybe some of that might come as DLC later.
#6 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:  
I don't know how any sane human being can endure - and even praise - this piece of shit game that TOTALLY rips off Call of Duty. (dare ask me how it rips it off and im bombarding you with a wall of text)
fuck Crysis 2. fuck it so hard. FUCK IT. my god fuck it :@ im sorry im sorry, let me rephrase : FUCK IT !!!!!
Dude what? What just happened here???
#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@harvey_the_pooka said:
@Ahmad_Metallic said:  
Dude what? What just happened here???
That was a reality check that just hit you 

#8 Posted by AestheticSynthesis (414 posts) -

I think the only thing Crysis 2 really took from COD was bad AI and multiplayer.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I agree.

I loved Cryisis 2 for the first few hours, but then I got bored of it and traded it in for a Gift Card at Best Buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.