Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Suicide ****EXTREME SPOILERS*******

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

Hey duders! So i have only gotten to the 3rd chapter, but in the i think 1st Chapter, in a cutscene, Prophet kills himself. Why does he kill himself? I haven't played the first Crysis. 

Please, i need answers to this!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @InternetCrab said:

"  Hey duders! So i have only gotten to the 3rd chapter, but in the i think 1st Chapter, in a cutscene, Prophet kills himself. Why does he kill himself? I haven't played the first Crysis.  Please, i need answers to this! "

It explains it near the end. 

The suit is symbiotic...it only would work on him wile he was alive. So even know it was on you. It would not work fully. Until he was dead. 
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

EXTREEEEEME

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Wasn't he dying from being infected, at least i thought that's what he said at the very beginning. Then had to do the deed to let Alcatraz control the suit because it was 
    symbiotic.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Twisted_Scot said:
    " Wasn't he dying from being infected, at least i thought that's what he said at the very beginning. Then had to do the deed to let Alcatraz control the suit because it was  symbiotic. "
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Geno

You don't need to know much about the first game; it's basically what it said in the beginning, Prophet got infected somehow and had to find a replacement, he killed himself to end the suffering sooner. Though, why you aren't infected as well by wearing the same skin-tight suit as him is a mystery. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Geno said:
    " You don't need to know much about the first game; it's basically what it said in the beginning, Prophet got infected somehow and had to find a replacement, he killed himself to end the suffering sooner. Though, why you aren't infected as well by wearing the same skin-tight suit as him is a mystery.  "
    The suit did not carry the virus. The host did.  
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Geno
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Geno said:
    " You don't need to know much about the first game; it's basically what it said in the beginning, Prophet got infected somehow and had to find a replacement, he killed himself to end the suffering sooner. Though, why you aren't infected as well by wearing the same skin-tight suit as him is a mystery.  "
    The suit did not carry the virus. The host did.   "
    Well from the way that most of the people wore gas-masks and hazmat suits in the game, you'd assume it's airborne. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Geno said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Geno said:
    Well from the way that most of the people wore gas-masks and hazmat suits in the game, you'd assume it's airborne.  "
    The suit is SEMI organic.  

Alcatraz gets infected early on anyways. 
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Yanngc33
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Geno said:
    " @Geno said:
    Well from the way that most of the people wore gas-masks and hazmat suits in the game, you'd assume it's airborne.  "
    The suit is SEMI organic.   Alcatraz gets infected early on anyways.  "
    But I thought that the suit  protected you from the virus, how on earth did prophet get infected?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Yanngc33 said:

" @Geno said:
    " @Geno said:
    The suit is SEMI organic.   Alcatraz gets infected early on anyways.  "
    But I thought that the suit  protected you from the virus, how on earth did prophet get infected? "
    He went inside the main base. And was exposed from right at the start of the invasion. And no the suit did not protect him. Didnt you see his face all messed up? 
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raineko
    @Geno said:
    I think if there were still infected particles in the suit the suit would just eliminate it, we all know the suit is a ridiculous thing that repairs itself and heals you completely even if you get thrown out of an airplane.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Geno
    @Raineko said:
    " @Geno said:
    I think if there were still infected particles in the suit the suit would just eliminate it, we all know the suit is a ridiculous thing that repairs itself and heals you completely even if you get thrown out of an airplane. "
    Yeah but you could say the same for when Prophet was in the suit. 
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raineko
    @Geno said:
    " @Raineko said:
    " @Geno said:
    I think if there were still infected particles in the suit the suit would just eliminate it, we all know the suit is a ridiculous thing that repairs itself and heals you completely even if you get thrown out of an airplane. "
    Yeah but you could say the same for when Prophet was in the suit.  "
    But Prophet was already infected and at that point the alien virus was still unknown to the suit.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bybeach

That story was muddy as hell. Prophet was infected obviously though, and spoke of himself as a dead dude ambulating

Wonder about the 'you don't look so good' comments to Alcatraz though I suspect I know the answer in a general way. the end of the game, that could be a bit clarified also.
    darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darkwingduck
    @InternetCrab said:
    "  Hey duders! So i have only gotten to the 3rd chapter, but in the i think 1st Chapter, in a cutscene, Prophet kills himself. Why does he kill himself? I haven't played the first Crysis.  Please, i need answers to this! "
          Prophet got infected by the alien virus, which makes him unable to carry out his mission, he sees alcatraz (you) , who has shattered lungs and whatnot because his body was basically destroyed by the aliens. so since prophet is going to die anyways he decides to give the suit (which can easily heal normal wounds) and his mission to alcatraz. however, since the suit is symbiotic and thus doesnt work on the carrier until the previous one is dead (not sure about that part but it sounds plausible) , he has to kill himself   

@Raineko said:

" @Geno said:

" @Raineko said:
    " @Geno said:
    Yeah but you could say the same for when Prophet was in the suit.  "
    But Prophet was already infected and at that point the alien virus was still unknown to the suit. "
    exactly! since the suit is semi-organic , it can ( and has to ) evolve in order to cure the virus which was unknown to the suit before. when prophet wore the suit it dindnt have the enough (any?) information on the virus, no info - no cure .
    Pixeldemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pixeldemon

As for the suicide, he clearly says he has to "break the link" with the suit, and his death is the only way to accomplish that.    

Actually, I think that one of the coolest things about this game is that the suit is essentially Alcatraz's tomb.  He is mortally wounded in the initial attack, but the suit's symbiotic functions sustain his life (hence the references to dead-men-walking).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.