Synergistic Partnerships, yall. Nike makes Crysis 2 shoe?

Posted by MarkM (295 posts) -

http://ca.kotaku.com/5785850/crysis-2-shoes-want-you-to-be-fast/gallery/

I'm gonna be honest. Those shoes look bad.

I can instantly think of one thing that probably should have received more focus...optimizing the console versions. Just saying.

But whatever.. SHOES!

Would anyone actually rock these things?

#1 Posted by MarkM (295 posts) -

http://ca.kotaku.com/5785850/crysis-2-shoes-want-you-to-be-fast/gallery/

I'm gonna be honest. Those shoes look bad.

I can instantly think of one thing that probably should have received more focus...optimizing the console versions. Just saying.

But whatever.. SHOES!

Would anyone actually rock these things?

#2 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

If someone gave them to me sure. I can't imagine those things are cheap.

#3 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

The tagline should totally be "Can you run Crysis?".

#4 Posted by CaptainCody (1506 posts) -

Those are nice ass shoes, but it all comes down to price.
#5 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
" The tagline should totally be "Can you run Crysis?". "
Genius. Seriously.
#6 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Those are really interesting shoes. 

Actually, I have no idea because I'd rather stab myself repeatedly in the face than visit Kotaku.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
Genius. Seriously. "
i fucking concur ! 

also nothing about those shoes says 'crysis 2' to me.. they dont have anything on them thats related to the game or its art style or its logo so.. how is it a Crysis 2 shoe exactly ?
#8 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

God those don't look good, I run often and would love a pair of crysis 2 themed nikes.... just not those ones.

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
Genius. Seriously. "
#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @ThatFrood said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
Genius. Seriously. "
i fucking concur !   also nothing about those shoes says 'crysis 2' to me.. they dont have anything on them thats related to the game or its art style or its logo so.. how is it a Crysis 2 shoe exactly ? "
All those hexagons or whatever they are. They are supposed to look like the pattern on the nanosuit I believe. The nano edition is full of them.
#11 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

They're not real, the stuff on the insole and on the swoosh are just shitty stickers that peel right off. After that they're just a regular pair of Nike Free 7.0s. EA (or whoever EA paid to do this) just printed out stickers, slapped them on the shoes, and shipped them out.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nike-free-7-0-v2-running-shoe-men/3075079

Staff
#12 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Yeah, apparently they're fake.

But it's the thought that counts.

#13 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

yeah these look like regular nike runners...

#14 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
Holy shit that's brilliant.

On topic those shoes looks great. I wouldn't expect a pair of shoes that are based on a video game to be remotely wearable in public.
#15 Posted by jtman54179 (183 posts) -
In light of Jeff's comment, I don't mind saying that I thought the shoes looked cool. Looking at the pictures closely, all the Crysis stuff on them does look pretty bootleg, but the base shoe design I had no real issue with except the split hoof.
#16 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

The outer sole looks like shit.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10290 posts) -

I'd totally buy a pair of running shoes that looked like that, the hexagons are pretty neat actually, and it's not super in your face about them either. Also it doesn't say Crysis 2 on the shoe, a real plus to me.  

Too bad those are stickers though, I'm looking for some new shoes now and I'd have seriously considered a pair if they were properly made. 

#18 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
/end thread and call nikes marketing because you sir need to be doing their PR.
#19 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
holy crap thats genius, why don't you work for nike?
#20 Posted by MarkM (295 posts) -
@Jeff:
That's dumb as hell, but I had a feeling these weren't meant for proper North American retail anyway. This, plus the super weird Nanosuit backpack that comes with the collector's edition really confuses me. Ignoring the fact they these items are impractical and dumb, does the Crysis "brand" even justify this stuff? I can't even name a single character from that universe.

EA might be dumping money in the wrong place by making the Collector's Edition a standard for any of their bigger budget titles.
#21 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Thank goodness I didn't have to visit failtaku just to be fed misinformation that would be debunked by reasonably competent websites. Business as usual.
#22 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The sad thing is that I see the hexagon pattern and immediately know I'd pay all kinds of Canadian Dollars for some MGS2 themed kicks.

#23 Posted by MarkM (295 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: 

I thought of MGS2 when I saw these, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.