Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Where's the PS3 demo?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Is it just me and I have to be patient, or is everyone else able to download it? I'm sure the latter is not the case, so I'm wondering... where the heck is it? I've already played the 360 and PC version, and I want to play this to determine which system I'll be getting it on when it releases.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

According to the PS Blog, it just went up in today's store update.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

It is up now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Ha! Yes it is. Wow. Crazy. Ok, thanks.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By handlas

So...any different than the 360 demo?  The little tech videos they released awhile back had the PS3 and 360 versions looking fairly different. Wonderin if that still remains true or do they look basically the same now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM
    @handlas said:
    "

So...any different than the 360 demo?  The little tech videos they released awhile back had the PS3 and 360 versions looking fairly different. Wonderin if that still remains true or do they look basically the same now.

"

Ok, I was going to, and still might, mention the differences on the 360 and the PS3 version in a new thread but... The PS3 version is worse. The frame rate is slower by a noticeable amount and the textures are a bit worse. The pros on PS3 are, if you can even call them pros, are how the PS3 seems to have more blur effect, to me personally though, it wasn't a good thing, and the original contrast is set perfectly on PS3 while on 360 it's set too low but can be easily fixed. The frame rate problem is the big let down on PS3 and for that, that for now until release, breaks it for me. The 360 cons that aren't apparent in the PS3 version, are how when running around on the Xbox demo, there is some pop in, and it can be distracting to the eye sometimes, and like I mentioned before, the gamma/contrast is worse from a default setting but hardly a problem since it's easily fixed by turning it up. 

Here's the rundown, if that wasn't clear enough to anyone, if you'd rather play a game with pop in problems on the 360, or if you'd rather get your hands on an experience that's exeptionally slower within the frame rate, get the PS3 version. For me personally, if I had to choose between only the two versions, I'd go with 360 for now.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grissefar

Yeah it looks and runs like shit. I don't expect it to be Uncharted or Killzone but it's worse than any disc based game I have in my collection. The game I think it compares to the most in terms of performance would be Skate 2, but at least that game is fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.