Can't progress

#1 Posted by MrBubbles (807 posts) -

I'm at the part that brad was at in the quick look around 33:30 except when I hack the door it doesn't open. It says code was successfully implanted or something like that but the door doesn't open. I tried quitting and restarting at the checkpoint several times but that didn't work. I even started a new game but it still wouldn't open. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix this?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

~

noclip

#3 Posted by MildMolasses (3225 posts) -

~

noclip

Fucking fancy-ass scripting renders this all but useless. Damn you modern game design!

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mildmolasses:

Oh crap. Then he's got to dig into some Skyrim-ass console commands. Setting actor states and junk. have fun digging through dozens of pages of wikis.

#5 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

~

noclip

Fucking fancy-ass scripting renders this all but useless. Damn you modern game design!

I understand neither ravenlight's post nor your reply. Am I stupid?

#6 Posted by MildMolasses (3225 posts) -

@officegamer: "noclip" is an old command that could be used in pc games (most commonly Doom, etc) that would allow you to walk through walls. He was suggesting that "noclip" could be used to bypass the problem of the door not opening

My reponse was that it wouldn't work because modern games are designed in such away that necessary events scripted for the rest of the level wouldn't activate because the door trigger would never occur if he just "noclipped" his way through the wall

#7 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
@officegamer said:

I understand neither ravenlight's post nor your reply. Am I stupid?

Means you're probably not a primarily PC gamer. Don't feel bad though. Hitting the tilde key (~) usually opens command consoles in PC games and the noclip command is a common one that lets you just fly through level geometry.

The comment about scripting means that even if you can fly to the end of a level, you haven't hit all the trigger sequences that will result in a state that progresses to the next level/cutscene.

Sorry I don't have a good solution for your problem, though. Games are complicated.

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mildmolasses: Haha, you beat me to the reply even though we explained it pretty much exactly the same way :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.