Crysis 3 Officially Exists, Will Be Out Next Spring

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. 
Respect!
#52 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. Respect!

Mr. Get Hype? Dude, I've never been more bored with videogames than I have been in the past month. And I dislike a lot of games. Most games, actually.

#53 Posted by Sin4profit (2909 posts) -

I'll most likely skip this unless i hear things are drastically different as Crysis 2 was a letdown.

#54 Posted by MeatSim (10774 posts) -

Welcome to the jungle.

#55 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Napalm said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. Respect!

Mr. Get Hype? Dude, I've never been more bored with videogames than I have been in the past month. And I dislike a lot of games. Most games, actually.

I'm not hating or anything but I've seen more "This looks awesome / are you excited" threads from your red and blue avatar in the last 3 months than I have from everybody put together since the site launched so .. :P 
Like I said, I admire you calling out the thing I hated the most about the sequel I loathe the most of the FPS I love the most.
#56 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: That's because Resident Evil 6 looks awesome! Dude, Resident Evil 6!

#57 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Also, it's purple and orange, not red and blue.

#58 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@Meatsim said:

Welcome to the jungle.

We've got fun and games.
#59 Posted by Supah_Ted (41 posts) -

Sounds awesome and I cannot wait. Crysis is the best fps series this gen.
Bummed that it was not a ts4 announcement even if I knew it wasnt going to be.


If you peeps don't like Alex's awesome articles, then go to gamespot or something. Otherwise be quiet.

#60 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (353 posts) -

@Govannan said:

translated to, like, a week, because hey, now we have
Crysis 3 is totally a thing
pre-order bonuses too, because of course there are

Please stop writing like that.

Please keep writing like that.

#61 Posted by NTM (7275 posts) -

Huh... I really love Crysis (the original), and think Crysis 2 is alright, but I don't really know what to say here. I just hope it's good; better than two.

#62 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1737 posts) -
@Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

translated to, like, a week, because hey, now we have
Crysis 3 is totally a thing
pre-order bonuses too, because of course there are

Please stop writing like that.

Out of context I would have guessed that it was from the front page of Penny Arcade. Either way, I didn't notice or care until you pointed it out, and even then I would give it a, "meh."

Or you could get off your high horse and realize what website you're on. I come here to get away dickholes, please don't be one, like, seriously.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience.

By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.
#63 Posted by NTM (7275 posts) -

@markgcarter said:

im looking forward to this, hope they can improve the minor framerate issues on the console versions :)

Hah! That's not the only thing they need to fix on the console version. There are major and minor bugs (like the horrendous grain bug that pops up whenever, and the overlapping music at times), and the A.I. should have been amazing, better than F.E.A.R. I just find it ironic how they say they'll have the best, and while I can kind of see some of that, it literally ended up being one of the dumbest I've ever seen. They walk into walls, and they kill themselves over the dumbest things.

"Whoops, fell over the edge of the side walk, now I'm dead." "Hey, get out of my way man, I'm going left, you go right, no the other right! Oh shit! We just walked into each other and now we're both dead." "Hey, suit guy! Here's a grenade! Whoops! GRENADE! *a few of the Cell guys die by their own grenade*" At least there's not as much of a problem with the alien A.I. though I have spotted them walking in circles at times. I have the 360 and PC versions, and have played the PS3 version as well, though I mostly play the 360 version, and there's just so much going against it it's a huge turn off.

The first Crysis is amazing.

#64 Edited by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

@FoolishChaos said:

That screen shot was exciting, until I saw the robot. I don't give a fuck about shooting robots.

edit: Unless its Vanquish

*They're aliens*

#65 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

I'm assuming this will probably be an enhanced version of CryEngine 3 that they used for Crysis 2 and Crysis on XBLA since it would seem like the amount of time and money required to make a brand new CryEngine probably wouldn't be worth it considering this game is coming out two years after Crysis 2. In any case, if they combine great shooting mechanics of Crysis 2 with the larger environments of Crysis, this will definitely be a game I'll want to play.

#66 Edited by Wiseblood (635 posts) -
#67 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

I approve.

#68 Posted by csalahunor (1 posts) -

I hope it will be like Crysis 1, and not like Crysis 2, i liked much more the jungle than NYC.

#69 Posted by LiquidPrince (15850 posts) -

Meh. Didn't like one, didn't like two. Will be surprised if I like 3.

#70 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -

I still haven't garnered enough interest to play the original.

#71 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

translated to, like, a week, because hey, now we have
Crysis 3 is totally a thing
pre-order bonuses too, because of course there are

Please stop writing like that.

Out of context I would have guessed that it was from the front page of Penny Arcade. Either way, I didn't notice or care until you pointed it out, and even then I would give it a, "meh."

Or you could get off your high horse and realize what website you're on. I come here to get away dickholes, please don't be one, like, seriously.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience. By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.

It was a response to the OP, not you, cool your jets sir.

#72 Posted by Bunny_Fire (290 posts) -

Good to hear i got the first one loved it skipped the second one and will buy the third one

#73 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Napalm said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. Respect!

Mr. Get Hype? Dude, I've never been more bored with videogames than I have been in the past month. And I dislike a lot of games. Most games, actually.

But you like God Hand. High five, bro. Also, that reminds me that, i usually connect people on Giant Bomb with the games they like. You're God Hand Guy, AhmadMetallic is Max Payne Guy, Hailinel is Persona guy, and there's way more... Fuck, i feel like a stalker.
#74 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@MikeGosot: Hell yeah I like God Hand! And Vanquish! And Dead Nation. And Gotham City Impostors!

#75 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

Maxed out on Ultra Crysis 2 does look pretty good, but the game design and moment to moments were kinda lack luster. Hope they pick up the slack this time round.

#76 Posted by paulwade1984 (477 posts) -

This just stinks of quick cash in.

They blatently set it in new york again to re-use art assets. Seems like im fighting all the same enemies again as well.

Also, why cant crytek just see through a story. The end of crysis 2 setup prophet to take out the world wide network of Alien Area denial weapons. Now apparently he's on a revenge mission to take out the cell company who has set up a massive nano sphere in new york... A massive nano sphere that I never saw anything of the whole time I spent playing crysis 2.

They know where they can shove their pre-order dlc as well.

I just dont want this game.

#77 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1737 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

translated to, like, a week, because hey, now we have
Crysis 3 is totally a thing
pre-order bonuses too, because of course there are

Please stop writing like that.

Out of context I would have guessed that it was from the front page of Penny Arcade. Either way, I didn't notice or care until you pointed it out, and even then I would give it a, "meh."

Or you could get off your high horse and realize what website you're on. I come here to get away dickholes, please don't be one, like, seriously.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience. By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.

It was a response to the OP, not you, cool your jets sir.

My apologies then, but you can understand how quoting me can lead to such confusion.

#78 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

I feel really lame for wondering how New York would become a jungle considering the climate there, but I can't help it…

#79 Posted by EndlessLotus (109 posts) -

I just hope the story actually makes some headway....

#80 Posted by JimMcGowan (8 posts) -

Like others here, I really loved the first Crysis. It had a lot of bugs (my audio would crap out and I would have to quit and restart the game, and I reloaded about a dozen saves before I could get around the helicopter-is-trapped-in-the-skybox-so-you-can't-shoot-it-down bug), but despite those I loved the game, especially the openness - being able to try out different approaches and tactics on almost every objective was a refreshing change from a lot of recent games. I also thought the way the story was plotted and paced was really excellent by FPS standards.

Crysis 2 was an OK shooter. Just OK. Like others have said here, I was disappointed by the linear missions and maps and the hand holding. But the biggest disappointment for me was not getting any resolution from the events at the end of the first game. Making no reference to the survivors of the first game, except Prophet's weak story, was a real let down after being impressed with the narrative from the first game.

I'll definitely play Crysis 3, probably as soon as it comes out, but my expectations will be lower than they were for Crysis 2.

I've never played the Far Cry games, despite 1 & 2 sitting in my Steam library. I really need to get into those...

#81 Posted by VTheSystemV (76 posts) -

Never played Crysis 1, but played about half of Crysis 2 and gotta say, it bored me. It was clunky and didn't make me feel like a super soldier. Not interested in this, but the bow does look cool. But I will not buy a game for a weapon.

#82 Posted by StriderNo9 (1082 posts) -

I need to play Crysis 2 one of these days.

#83 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

If they get rid of the talking suit i'll be interested. I don't need an annoying voice to tell me im entering stealth mode when my gun turns invisible. Worst thing about crysis 2 imo.

Online
#84 Posted by Lysergica33 (517 posts) -

Tastes like milk

#85 Posted by Hatemachine76 (14 posts) -

So I pre ordered it for $49.99 and got this email today from Origin:

You know what they say about the early bird? Turns out your quick clicking landed you an unintentional $10 discount on Crysis 3. Well done!

Here's what happened: When we put Crysis 3 on Origin initially, we accidentally listed it at $49.99 - $10 less than the actual retail price of $59.99. However, in honor of your catlike reflexes, we'd like to give you the game at the original $49.99 price point.

There's no need to repurchase or take any further action - you'll simply get the game at the price you were already charged. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this fortuitous discount.

Finally, we'd like to thank you for pre-ordering Crysis 3. We're just as excited as you to get into the Nanosuit and test that killer bow. Keep honing your reflexes, and we'll see you in New York.

Best regards,

The Origin Team

Works for me. Now just be awesome out the box

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.