Crysis 3 performance in SLI

#1 Edited by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

Has anyone heard about how Crysis 3 performs on a system setup in SLI? After the mess of issues Far Cry 3 had at launch for SLI users I'm worried about buying this right away. I've got 2 670's and without patching Far Cry 3 ran as low as 15 fps in 1080 in spots. That shouldn't happen when I can run BF3 at 2560x1440 everything maxed out and never drop below 60fps.

EDIT: I just read the release notes for the new driver Nvidia released this morning. Claims to boost single card performance in Crysis 3 specifically by 5% and SLI performance by 65%

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3557 posts) -

Turn off the SLI for games that don't like it?

#3 Posted by zenmastah (917 posts) -

What ive read its an improvement over the last beta.

You probably wont be maxing it out and running at 2560x1440 @ 60 from the get go though.

Hopefully after better drivers and patches though...

#4 Posted by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

@kidavenger: Logic says that doing that would give you the performance of a single 670 but for whatever reason it doesn't. I'd have to remove the second card entirely. At least that's how it worked with FC3.

#5 Edited by MonetaryDread (2035 posts) -

@squidc00kie: Whether you are using the card or not, the fact that a second card is installed make the pci-e bus run with half the available lanes. It shouldn't matter, but if I had to take a guess at the problem, then that would be it.

#6 Posted by vaportra1l (272 posts) -

Goddamnit, this post just reminded me I updated my drivers a couple days ago and I forgot to reenable SLI. No wonder my performance has been so shitty, derp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.