GAME RUNS LIKE crap ATM!

#1 Edited by zenmastah (837 posts) -

But heres hoping that they fix the optimization with patches.

In the meantime you can use this handy tool released by Crytek to help getting those extra frames.

CLICKY FOR DL

With some tweaking im running with constant 60 frames at 1920x1200 with i5 3550 and a GTX 670

#2 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

PC Master Race!

#3 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

nowai

#4 Posted by zenmastah (837 posts) -

DAMN STRAIGHT!

#5 Posted by Bollard (5027 posts) -

@zenmastah: It probably would have helped if you had said what settings you were running on. Also They said before this game came out it was gunna be a system hog, I think 680 is their "recommended" card, which would probably get you 60 on High, but if you wanted to max it out I could imagine you need something more!

Plus you're running at 1920x1200 which isn't gunna help :P

#6 Posted by zenmastah (837 posts) -

Could probably use the motion blur and lens flare but i dont like those effects.

Pretty constant 60 dipping into 50s when the game loads something.

#7 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Wish people would stop posting this picture of me online.

That's my alone time!

#8 Edited by SpudBug (631 posts) -

I'm running very high everything and FXAA ( don't mind the slight blur and better FPS than 1x smaa) with vsync on and accepting that it'll be running at 30fps.

TXAA looks so, so good though. Maybe my next computer will be able to run this game on very high and use TXAA.

The performance is just so all over the place when shooting for 60fps that I decided just to have a pretty game that runs at a good but not great framerate.

The biggest problem is that with vsync the game either runs at 60 or it runs at 30. If you get down to like 50 fps it just chugs down to 30. So in order to get a consistent 60 you need to lower a lot of settings that might only cause you to dip below 60 for a few moments in certain scenes.

I have a 670 EVGA FTW, 2700k, and 8gb ram. I could probably get 60fps consistently if i ran everything on high and shaders on medium, but at that point i just prefer the better detail with 30fps. plus i'm playing with controller and i feel like you don't notice 30fps as much on controller as on a mouse.

#9 Posted by zenmastah (837 posts) -

Try disabling the ingame vsync and using D3DOoverrider to enable vsync and tripple buffering, worked for me.

#10 Edited by BasketSnake (1111 posts) -

i7 3770k, 16DDR3, GTX 670, SSD - probably 30ish on max and 60ish on high. That's without v-sync and 4AA. I thought my pc would max it out without problems. Oh well.

#11 Edited by TheSquarePear (148 posts) -

It's a benchmark game?

Would you rather just play another Unreal Engine port?

#12 Edited by zenmastah (837 posts) -

It sure is, been running with everything maxed out and holy hell its beautiful, especially water with the reflections.

Wow.

#13 Edited by Zurv (413 posts) -

I've been playing it full maxed.. and it runs fine. Sadly, it bored me like crisis 3, but at least I got it on sale :) (another plus is it works with the controller so I can play it on the PC connected to the PC)

here is a few min that I frap'd.. (for no good reason.. I know ppl never watch'm ^_^ )

#14 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

haha, you used crap and ATM in the same sentence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.