How can humans be fighting each other?

#1 Posted by conantheking (52 posts) -

Wouldn't the alien threat unite everyone?

The story never was complex or deep in this series but having mercenaries vs military in Crysis 2 while aliens are invading just seemed too silly, like the human race needs to get it's priorities in order. And the basic plot details of the new game is yet more humans vs humans >_>

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@conantheking said:

The story never was complex or deep in this series but having mercenaries vs military in Crysis 2 while aliens are invading just seemed too silly, like the human race needs to get it's priorities in order. And the basic plot details of the new game is yet more humans vs humans >_>

Humans are humans. Look out the window. 
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Shit yeah, dude.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

The human race has always had difficulty getting its priorities in order.

#5 Posted by conantheking (52 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@conantheking said:

If you are referring to current conflicts it's caj, it's not like they are having to worry about alien invasions. :l

#6 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

If there is one indisputable truth in the world, it is that humans are dicks.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@conantheking said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@conantheking said:

If you are referring to current conflicts it's caj, it's not like they are having to worry about alien invasions. :l

I am making no political statement...
#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9763 posts) -

I hate this response and it bugs me that I'm about to say this but...

Who fucking cares?

#9 Posted by conantheking (52 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

I do, otherwise I would not make a topic about it.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9763 posts) -

@conantheking said:

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

...that was more of a rhetorical question.

#11 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

@conantheking said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@conantheking said:

This alien invasion has gone for three games, it is the new status quo which means that the humans can go back to fighting.

#12 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

Because it's much more fun to fight the human enemies in the Crysis games than the aliens who are nothing more than oversized, ugly bullet sponges. Also the story in Crysis have always sucked so...

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -
@Packie said:

Because it's much more fun to fight the human enemies in the Crysis games than the aliens who are nothing more than oversized, ugly bullet sponges. Also the story in Crysis have always sucked so...

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

Nailed it.
#14 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

This is Crysis, not Crisis

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@conantheking said:

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

Your putting way to much thought into all this. 
#16 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@Packie said:

Because it's much more fun to fight the human enemies in the Crysis games than the aliens who are nothing more than oversized, ugly bullet sponges.

This. I had a blast fighting the human enemies in both Crysises, then when the aliens appeared all the fun seeped away.
#17 Posted by Deusoma (3022 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:

@conantheking said:

@JasonR86 said:

Who fucking cares?

...that was more of a rhetorical question.

And not a good one. Trust me on this one, friend: no matter what the topic is, someone out there cares about it with a fiery passion normally reserved for true love.
#18 Posted by Brendan (8016 posts) -

I think that Hollywood has given people a romanticized version of what would happen in the case of an alien invasion.

What, you think all humans are actually going to drop their own shit and unite to fight the alien hordes? You clearly haven't met humans.

#19 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

If we had that kind of reasoning ability, we wouldn't kill each other at all.

#20 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

Yea, why ARE humans fighting each other?

Why don't they unite against the issues they mutually face?

That is a really good question, OP.

#21 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

Why do you play video games?

#22 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

Man's inhumanity towards man. Man.

#23 Posted by ShaggE (6632 posts) -

Humanity will never, ever unite for anything. Even if it's the only way to survive.

#24 Posted by ZagZagovich (769 posts) -

That's a really cute topic title. Thank you. But yeah. Video games. Plus people are afraid to write stories with something that changes the world we live in. Perhaps to not make it too implosible (as if anything about Crysis is plausible) or just because shooting humans is more appealing to people than shooting squid aliens in robot suits.

#25 Posted by bananaz (259 posts) -

I want to know why you're still fighting CELL.

You pretty much defeated them and their boss. Didn't the Marines came in and shut them down? What are they still doing in New York and not in jail or something? Did I miss anything?
#26 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1229 posts) -

Well the humans were way more interesting to fight in Crysis 2.

#27 Posted by sub_o (912 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@conantheking said:

Uh, just look inside the forum.

#28 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Why isn't Earth one nation? Form a council. Also, why aren't we building more space stations?

#29 Edited by wardcleaver (173 posts) -

I do not think it seems that far fetched.

If I am remembering the first 2 games correctly, didn't the NK and Cell want to use the alien tech for their own "evil purposes", verses the rest of humanity that just wanted to destroy them?

#30 Edited by haffy (673 posts) -

lol I know this is bumped. But how can people think humans would not unite against a common enemy? It's used in religion, government, cults and wars.

Especially Americans lol, you guys still have some residual hate for communism from 20+ years ago from the cold war.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.