Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

My 360 can't handle this game.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrsignerman44

So, I picked up Crysis 3 this morning and it's been overheating on me all day. I was able to play a solid hour of multiplayer when I first popped it in but ever since then, it refuses to play for more than 10 minutes at a time. I've even installed the disc to the harddrive and it's still acting up.

Just to test if my 360 might be kicking the bucket since it's an older model, I popped in AC revelations and was able to play that for an hour and a half without any problems. Also, while playing through Dead Space 3 recently(finished it friday) I didn't encounter any overheating problems. I didn't really begin to point fingers at the game until I saw this article. Basically what the article says is that apparently, this game uses all of the 360's power in order to run and since my 360 is a really old model, I'm starting to think that it might be too old to play this game.

Has anyone else encountered any issues playing Crysis 3?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks. I'll keep that in mind, and buy the pc version instead. Thanks for the heads up.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@morningstar: You should also keep in mind that if you have an Xbox Slim model, I'm pretty sure you'd be fine since it's newer hardware. Also, I've heard that the PC version looks even more gorgeous so regardless of the situation, I'd get that if you can run it.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Skeet that they would do this, but hopefully everything gets worked out.

If I get it it will be on PC though, fasho.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

@morningstar: Just for you knowledge you required a DirectX 11 enable video card .... if not you wont be able to run it. I wasnt able to :/

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overheating like how? Red lights? Console just shuts down?

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Yeah, 2 red lights and the console just shuts off.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95 said:

That's weird. Unfortunately I can't really think of anything if your other games work fine. Kinda wanted to try this game too but considering my 360 is a dinosaur at this point I'd better hold off.

Also, nice Brook avatar. YOHOHO!!!

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsignerman44 said:

@turtlebird95 said:

That's weird. Unfortunately I can't really think of anything if your other games work fine. Kinda wanted to try this game too but considering my 360 is a dinosaur at this point I'd better hold off.

Also, nice Brook avatar. YOHOHO!!!

Yeah, I really can't explain it but it's pretty unfortunate since this game is pretty fun.

Also, thanks a lot YOHOHOHO!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@turtlebird95 said:

I had that with my old Xbox as well. It would overheat so fast (was playing Deadly Premonition when this was happening) that I just declared it dead. Got a new XBox Slim a month later.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This sucks but at the same time kind of interesting that this game is actually that gnarly that its causing 360's to overheat. Its a wonder they got the game running on the console at all.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Some things to try if you got an older xbox 360 is propping it up with something to keep it off rugs, make sure there's enough space in the back to vent the heat, and get a normal house fan and prop it right next to the 360 for extra cooling. Trust me dude I've been there, just keep on telling yourself at least one more year till the new one comes out.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh that sucks, might be time to upgrade. Depending on what you're willing to spend, or not, you might just wanna wait for the next gen consoles.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrsignerman44:

Your 360 might be overheating and shutting itself off to prevent damage.

Unplug it, take it outside, and go at all of the vents with a can of compressed air. My old laptop did the same thing because all of the vents were clogged with dust.

Another thing you can do to minimize overheating is to make sure the console itself isn't lying directly on a carpet. If you're not on wood or tile, put a book or something underneath it to make sure it's not resting in a big, warm mess of its own heat. I keep mine propped up on top of the box it came in.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys but I already fixed the problem and was finally able to play for a couple hours straight. I looked up a few articles on overheating solutios and one of them told me to remove the faceplate. I removed it and behind the faceplate was just a layer of caked dust. I cleaned it and left the faceplate off and it's not overheating anymore.

What's weird though is that I didn't have any problems last week when I was playing dead space 3 for hours on end. I guess this game is just really intense and makes the 360 stress out, good to see that it can work on a dinosaur 360 like mine though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.