Very buggy game on PC - anyone else noticed?

#1 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

I had multiple instances where checkpoints after dying resulted in placing me in geometry that didn't allow me to move or escape, meaning I had to quit out and restart the game from the menu, sound effects disappearing for weapons or enemies, warping textures/geometry, black boxes showing up in corners of the screen, and scripted events that never happened.

Plus a super weird physics glitch in an early level in what i think was a train depot? or bus depot? that caused a bus to start hovering in midair and spinning, and it was catching cell soldiers and sending them flying. It was pretty good.

I didn't have nearly as many glitches on Crysis 1 or 2, i feel like 3 is a much buggier game. kind of disappointing. Especially the texture/geometry warping glitch, I think it must have something to do with tesselation, in that last large open area where you're taking down AA guns it was really bad.

#2 Posted by Obedox (10 posts) -

I've played the game for somewhere around 5 hours now according to Origin and haven't ran into a single issue. Quite a nice change of pace really. Using a GTX 660ti with latest drivers here. Are you using an AMD or Nvidia card?

#3 Edited by vaportra1l (272 posts) -

I haven't had any such issues with my setup. I think I've got about 5 hrs in too. I'm using the latest official nvidia drivers on my 680s.

#4 Edited by Intro (1207 posts) -

One time it spawned me in the ground and I walked downwards for a few seconds and died. Then I came back at the normal spawn spot. Other than that not too bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.