Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis Warhead

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

A standalone expansion pack to Crysis, Warhead's campaign follows Sergeant Michael 'Psycho' Sykes, as he faces his own trials and challenges on the other side of the island, parallel to the events of the first game.

Crysis Warhead Multiplayer wont launch in Steam.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

So i bought, downloaded, installed and played through the single player of Crysis Warhead without a problem. Decided to go try out the multiplayer after finishing it and the game wouldn't launch in Steam and this message keeps appearing...

"This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time".

I've done the right click > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache and it was ok, no defrag needed etc. When that failed i looked through the Steam Support site and found this article which was great but it didn't solve my problem at all. The message still appears even after following everything that article advised. So after restarting Steam multiple times, restarting my PC multiple times aswell as uninstalling and redownloading and installing Crysis Wars again i have been forced to raise a ticket with Steam Support. Now all i have to do is wait the next week or so for them to reply...

However i have never had this problem happen to me before with any Steam game and i've checked my other games on Steam and they work perfectly so i was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem with a game on Steam, specificaly Crysis Wars, and how did they manage to solve it?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Well first off, I don't know how you solve your problem and I've never used Steam, but I hope someone can help you! <3

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xruntime
    brukaoru said:
    "+1 to my post count la la la la"
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DualReaver

I post because I care. <3

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Demilich

</3

Love is over.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru
    xruntime said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "Don't care about my post count, I like to show support for my friends.""
    Fixed. I don't care about my post count, sir. I know Hamz has been having trouble with this and it's something he has been looking forward to playing and he can't. I was being honest.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Hamz...honestly, you know what the problem is.  It starts with an "E" and ends with an "A".

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demilich
    jakob187 said:
    "Hamz...honestly, you know what the problem is.  It starts with an "E" and ends with an "A"."
    No EA DRM on the Steam version.

Your best bet Hamz is to take it to their own forums. The users there have a lot of insight on these kind of problems.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz
    Demilich said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Hamz...honestly, you know what the problem is.  It starts with an "E" and ends with an "A"."
    No EA DRM on the Steam version.

Your best bet Hamz is to take it to their own forums. The users there have a lot of insight on these kind of problems."
    Oh i have created a topic in the Crysis boards on the Steam forums. But no one has replied to it but plenty of people have viewed it. I am at a loss as to what to do, i just hope the Steam Support dont reply to my ticket by providing the link i have in my OP of this topic....
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By calf_exercises

umm, have you tried the steam forums, they might be able to help

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon

I never had a problem with either Warhead or Wars using the Steam version...
    Best conclusion I can come up with is a problem with your account and since you already have a ticket up the best thing you could do is wait.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demilich
    calf_exercises said:
    "umm, have you tried the steam forums, they might be able to help"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.