So Crysis and Warhead are coming to steam...

#1 Posted by CactusWolf (539 posts) -

Hoorah?

#2 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Source?

#3 Edited by CactusWolf (539 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Source?"
Steam Updates. 
#4 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Crysis, Crysis Warhead and the Witcher now all available on Steam? god bless Valve and their utter awesome!

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Really? Nice!

#6 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -

thats good news indeed.  now i can get the witcher.  Man i love steam, hope they never go out of biz.

#7 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Wow, that's kind of weird considering EA doesn't usually cooperate with others when it comes to digital distribution.

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
systech said:
"Wow, that's kind of weird considering EA doesn't usually cooperate with others when it comes to digital distribution."
Both Valve and Crytek are a part of the EA family, although they ARE NOT owned by EA, so it makes a lot of sense for EA to utilise D2D and Steam to distribute games. If players hate D2D they can still go out and buy games through Steam if they prefer it over D2D.
#9 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

wow, thats good to see, both are great games and I am sure they will sell well.

#10 Posted by CactusWolf (539 posts) -
Hamz said:
Both Valve and Crytek are a part of the EA family, although they ARE NOT owned by EA, so it makes a lot of sense for EA to utilise D2D and Steam to distribute games. If players hate D2D they can still go out and buy games through Steam if they prefer it over D2D."
Exactly. Personally, I really don't like using D2D, and purchase most of my games via steam. It's nice to see that EA finally broke down and decided to allow this.
#11 Posted by Rowr (5481 posts) -

awesome.

a good sign for the future, as far as ea using steam

#12 Edited by Knives (711 posts) -

Steam and Impulse are pure awesome.

#13 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

good to hear. EA's download shit is fucking horrible.

#14 Posted by TracedVelocity (50 posts) -

Warhead has surprisingly made it to the recent top selling game on Steam, with the Crysis + Warhead bundle right behind.

If I wasn't so big about building my collection of games on my shelf, I definitely would've purchased Warhead on Steam, and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (To have all those extras physically at $40 is too hard to pass up).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.