Playing Through

#1 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I just picked up Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and Crysis 2 on Steam for the 75% off Sale. I'm playing through Crysis right now and was just wondering how others played through it? I'm being stealthy and sneaky, doing recon, perform long distance strikes before moving in to take out squirters. How did you guys play through it? Is it possible to play like this the entire game or once the Aliens show up is it full on shootouts all the time?

#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (4636 posts) -

I basically play it like it was a Metal Gear game.  You can stealth through most of the game, but there are definitely some big battles that are meant to be ball-to-the-wall action sequences.

#3 Posted by Spuirrel (85 posts) -

I mixed sniping and stealth, I rarely left people alive.

#4 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@Spuirrel said:

I mixed sniping and stealth, I rarely left people alive.

That's what I've been doing, I've been disabling all the vehicles I find by shooting out the tires because I didn't know if the AI will use them against me later.

#5 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Snipe from long range, then get up close and murder everyone with melee. I only used stealth as a an escape mechanism. Are you playing on Delta? It's a lot funner that way.

#6 Posted by yinstarrunner (1199 posts) -

Stealth all the way. Then again, I am a stealth gamer at heart.

#7 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@ThePaleKing said:

Snipe from long range, then get up close and murder everyone with melee. I only used stealth as a an escape mechanism. Are you playing on Delta? It's a lot funner that way.

I'm only playing on Normal, just wanna get through it and then WarHead so I can be ready for Crysis 3. After watching that Hunter video I'm totally jacked for it.

@yinstarrunner said:

Stealth all the way. Then again, I am a stealth gamer at heart.

So am I. I miss the old Splinter Cell games :P

#8 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

You're taking out squirters? What the hell kind of game is this?

#9 Posted by me3639 (1759 posts) -

Warhead is still one of my favorites. I played through the first 2 mostly mixed but the newer Crysis made it easier to stealth your way through.

#10 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Stealthily killing everyone I find.

#11 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

For some reason I've never been able to make it all the way through a Crysis game. I don't know if it's just because of the unintuitive UI or what.

#12 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Only one I've played is Crysis 2. Most of that game I would stealth for just a few moments until I got used to the surroundings, then I'd take out guys and end in a big firefight. That is until I realised you can literally run past all the enemies to the next checkpoint/level transition nearly unscathed =/

#13 Posted by Damodar (1391 posts) -

That's the beauty of the first Crysis game. I play it however I feel like playing at the time.

#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Brendan said:

You're taking out squirters? What the hell kind of game is this?

Plug the squirting holes.

With bullets.

#15 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@Brendan: Squirters are enemies that are attempting to flee an area or find shelter/cover.

#16 Posted by huntad (1939 posts) -

Stealth with a lot of grabbing people and throwing them at trees.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.