WHERE IS THE TAC GUN!?

#1 Edited by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

I'm on the flight deck and that dumb bitch keeps screaming USE THE TAC GUN! And I have NO idea where this thing is. I'm trying to look for it somewhere on the deck but I keep getting frozen. The last I seen it was when I was getting upgrades to my suit down in the armory and now apparently I'm supposed to have it? How do I get it?

EDIT: This is for the 360 version so I didn't keep a pile of saves so I can't really go back.

#2 Edited by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

The room where you sit in the seat thing. It's been a while hence the vague-ness. You gotta pick it up.

#3 Posted by Neeshka (118 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERZPXMjEe4

youtube search keyword "crysis use the tac gun"; it's in the armory below deck. If you didn't get it reload an earlier save.

#4 Posted by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -

At some point during the level you went back down to the armory and grabbed it.  You should already have it on you.  Do whatever you have to do to select the rocket launcher (it's been awhile, but I think weapon selecting is on the D-pad), but do it twice and you should select the TAC Cannon.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

EDIT: This is for the 360 version so I didn't keep a pile of saves so I can't really go back.

Well then..
#6 Posted by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

Oh, man. I completely remember running around for half of an hour before finding that thing. Unfortunately, I don't remember where. Try in the "seat thing room."

#7 Edited by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

At some point during the level you went back down to the armory and grabbed it. You should already have it on you. Do whatever you have to do to select the rocket launcher (it's been awhile, but I think weapon selecting is on the D-pad), but do it twice and you should select the TAC Cannon.

No, I didn't. I seen the whole nuke scene, went downstairs onto the deck, fought the big octopus thing and then got to the warship. I tried to pick it up when I first seen it when I was in the chair but the door was locked.

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

@Spoonman671 said:

At some point during the level you went back down to the armory and grabbed it. You should already have it on you. Do whatever you have to do to select the rocket launcher (it's been awhile, but I think weapon selecting is on the D-pad), but do it twice and you should select the TAC Cannon.

No, I didn't. I seen the whole nuke scene, went downstairs onto the deck, fought the big octopus thing and then got to the warship. I tried to pick it up when I first seen it when I was in the chair but the door was locked.

Really?  I didn't think you could get out of that room the second time you're there without picking it up.  Well, this sucks, but I guess you could always try the restart level option in the pause menu, or the level select screen at the main menu.
#9 Posted by mordukai (7151 posts) -

@xyzygy: Have you tried looking at your map? There's really no way to miss it.

#10 Edited by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

So what happened was my game glitched out and I basically skipped about 75% of that whole mission. The nuke was sent, I fought the big thing on the ship and then couldn't get any farther. I missed the whole go down and find the gun part. I just restarted the level and was able to do the rest of the it.. !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.