014's Crysis (Collector's Edition) (PC) review

My Take on Crysis

I beat Crysis a few minutes ago. The phrase in my mind is, "It sucked." It didn't really suck, but that's the feeling I have. The graphics and effects and level design are incredible. The nano suit and the weapon gadgets are quite welcomed. But I was frustrated with the game early on. About half-way through, I just wanted it to be over. I kept playing so I could beat it and move on. My goal this year is to beat 1 game per month, and this one needed to get out of the way. I beat it ahead of schedule, and I'm glad it's over. I don't recommend it to anyone. I don't have a cool feeling of how fun and challenging it was to beat. It doesn't feel like a great accomplishment, like Resident Evil 5 did. It's nothing near that. This is like, I just ended a 20-hour shift at work and now I get to do something else of my choosing. I have the Warhead expansion. When I look at it to decide if I should beat that, it's the same feeling I get when I think about taking out the trash. I don't want to do it. I want to put it off. This is not what games are supposed to be like.

My next game: Price of Persia

4.9.2011 edit: I did not mean to give the game zero stars. But now I can't change the star rating. I'd say 3.5 stars if I could change it.

3.2.2012 edit: I changed the star rating.