I'm done.

#1 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

Alright. So like, last week Crytek UK finally announced their latest game, in which everyone thought was going to be Timesplitters 4.

Before E3 Crytek said they'd announce a game that fans would be really happy about, and even before this, rumors were all over the place of Timesplitters 4 being in the works.

So after waiting forever just for the announcement, the ultimate cockblock: Crytek UK's newest game is Homefront 2.

HOMEFRONT 2. A sequel to a mediocre, uninspired FPS is being made by the brilliant minds who created the wonderful Timesplitters games.

SAD FART.

K bye.

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Fuck crytek. Fuck crysis 2 up the fucking cunt.  

thank you

#3 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

@Turtlebird95: You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, okay?

#4 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

Maybe the brilliant minds who made the wonderful Timesplitters games can, well, continue doing brilliant things and add some fun into the Homefront IP? Heck, I still think that the Homefront universe has potential, it just clearly wasn't realized in the first. Depending on how much creative control they have over the direction of this one, it just might turn out all right!

Don't give up, yet!

#5 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@RaikohBlade said:

@Turtlebird95: You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, okay?

You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, this is not a debate.

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Wow, that is pretty disappointing. I thought the Homefront multiplayer was pretty fun from what I played in the demo, but I would much rather have a new Timesplitters.

#7 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Weren't they supposed to be working on Star Wars Battlefront 3 or something?

#8 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

@tsiro said:

Maybe the brilliant minds who made the wonderful Timesplitters games can, well, continue doing brilliant things and add some fun into the Homefront IP? Heck, I still think that the Homefront universe has potential, it just clearly wasn't realized in the first. Depending on how much creative control they have over the direction of this one, it just might turn out all right!

Don't give up, yet!

I'm still hopeful they'll make something of the series. Like drop the Call of Duty/Battlefield hybrid and try a different FPS style... Like Timesplitters!

@RaikohBlade said:

If you're being serious, fuck you. If your just pulling a joke because of the thread title, congrats.

#9 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Gotta go where the money is. If you wanna pay 90$ for timesplitters go right ahead i bet if you get 500,000 people willing to pay 90$ you could get it.

#10 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

Wasn't a big fan of timesplitters, but none of the games were exactly broken like alot of Homefront was either. Granted, wrong branch of crytek, but I'd be interested in another crysis game already lol. Use the same engine. Try and branch the first two games somehow. Played 2, thought it was fairly amazing. Went back and played 1 on the pc to understand it all, and...it made the entire story of 2 make no sense.

#11 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (466 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

Weren't they supposed to be working on Star Wars Battlefront 3 or something?

I think that was before Radical got bought by Crytek. As far as what's been said, I don't think it was ever officially announced (but concept art leaked and that's how it was revealed that something was even in the works). (Wouldn't be surprised if it was a situation similar to Grin and the FF game that was in the works, though hopefully without the lack of payment part :/ )

#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Fuck crytek. Fuck crysis 2 up the fucking cunt. thank you

Every time you post it's more and more retarded.

Keep it up.

#13 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

what if homefront 2 is timesplitters 4

#14 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Just because Homefront was crap doesn't mean Homefront 2 will be crap. If it is crap then whatever they would have made alternatively would have probably been crap as well.

#15 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Huh, you know Homefront had some really cool ideas, tons of potential, and a solid multiplayer, but the problem was the developer didn't capitalize on any of that potential. So a more seasoned developer like Crytek taking the reins is a bad thing to you? Just because the previous developer did a bad job doesn't mean that franchise is tainted forever. Oh and also i would rather have a talented developer like Crytek working anything besides Timesplitters, but that's just my opinion.

#16 Posted by SamFo (1529 posts) -

wtf is a sad fart

#17 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

A fart that cries

#18 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

This made me laugh.

#19 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

Homesplitters 2

You've seen ZERO amount of this new game, what says it won't be on the level of timesplitters? Don't come back when Homefront 2 is GOTY buddy.

#20 Edited by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -

I thought Homefront's multiplayer (demo) was fun. And Crysis 2's multiplayer (demo) was fun as well.

So maybe "A + B (will) = (a winning) C(?)"

edit: ()()()()()

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

If the guys that made Timesplitters are going to try and make a serious gritty war game, then this is a repeat of Haze

The fucking awesomeness of Timesplitters was somehow made by the guys who made Haze. I still don't get it

#22 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

Inside joke. It originated from someone saying Sad Fart instead of sad face.

#23 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Homesplitters 2

You've seen ZERO amount of this new game, what says it won't be on the level of timesplitters? Don't come back when Homefront 2 is GOTY buddy.

I take it you're that guy who defends every game by pulling the "Well it's not out yet so don't judge" crap. Look, I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, but a sequel to a game that plays like 95% of every first person shooter developed by the same people who flopped with HAZE doesn't sound like the rebound those guys need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.