Cthulhu Saves The World

Posted by eldooderino69 (8 posts) -

The truth of the matter is that I hadn't even bothered to look at the xbox live indie games before then I happenned upon a blog piece talking about cthulhu saves the world.

One word - brilliant.

For the measly sum of 240 MS points I downloaded the game and have spent as much of this afternoon as possible bobbing about the glorious little 16 bit universe that has been created by the people at zeboyd games.

I must confess I pretty much completely missed the entire JRPG thing back in the day (I know, don't say anything) only really gettiing in to it with FF7 and dabbling occasionally since. For that reason I wont be able to talk about this game from the point of view of a hardened JRPG player etc etc.

All I can say is this. If you love a game with a hilarious story with a great sense of detail that pushes your RPG stats buttons. This is the game for you.

Know, where did I put my potions...........................

#1 Posted by eldooderino69 (8 posts) -

The truth of the matter is that I hadn't even bothered to look at the xbox live indie games before then I happenned upon a blog piece talking about cthulhu saves the world.

One word - brilliant.

For the measly sum of 240 MS points I downloaded the game and have spent as much of this afternoon as possible bobbing about the glorious little 16 bit universe that has been created by the people at zeboyd games.

I must confess I pretty much completely missed the entire JRPG thing back in the day (I know, don't say anything) only really gettiing in to it with FF7 and dabbling occasionally since. For that reason I wont be able to talk about this game from the point of view of a hardened JRPG player etc etc.

All I can say is this. If you love a game with a hilarious story with a great sense of detail that pushes your RPG stats buttons. This is the game for you.

Know, where did I put my potions...........................

#2 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

You know you could've put this blog on the Cthulhu Saves the World page, right? All you had to do was tag it in the blog. Or--even easier--you could've gone to the page, clicked on the forums sidebar, and added a topic from there. Anyway, good first blog / topic :D

#3 Posted by CornBREDX (4805 posts) -

This should be moved to the Cthulhu saves the world wiki forum.

But ya, anyway. While I am intrigued by what this game is I never liked the 16 bit JRPGs so I hold no nostalgia for it or it's concepts. It is cool, though, stuff like this still gets made.

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It looked tedious as hell in the QL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.