Zeboyd games sell more on Steam in a week than on Xbox

#1 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

"We are pleased to announce that Zeboyd Games has already made more revenue in less than a week on Steam than we have in over a year and a half on the XBox Live Indie Games service,"

From Gamasutra

Not that this was a big surprise. I have actually bought both of the games on both places.

#2 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1252 posts) -

The article inferred that they must have sold at least 30,000 bundles on steam.

I bought the bundle on Steam day one, I was hesitant to buy it through the xbox indie service because it's $3 in points. That's harder to work to zero unlike 5,10, or 15 pricing of every other game on xbox (excluding game room). Also, they are a pain to find on xbox unless you like looking through the lists.

#3 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

well... when you get frontpage on steam, your bound to sell alot more copies o.O  don't think xbox marketplace gives any indie games the time of day on their featured lists.

#4 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

I picked it up day 1 as well. So far I'm liking them. Glad they brought it to PC and that they are being successful.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14340 posts) -

Not a surprise. Cool looking indie games that show up on the front page of steam do sell quite well. Games that are hidden within millions of sub-menu's on the Xbox Live Marketplace don't.

#6 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

It's really a shame that Xbox doesn't much a bigger to-do about the Xbox Live Indie titles because there is a lot of really good stuff on there. It is just so hard to find and for some reason the time downloaded titles are always Minecraft rip-offs and extremely lame avatar games. They need to find those gems and play them up, especially because they are so inexpensive and can really sell a ton of copies when other, large downloadables may not.

If anyone is looking for a great Indie title, the one I have been playing recently is Platypus, a side-scrolling spaceship shooter that is all done in claymation (Neverhood-style).

#7 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

I didn't even know it's on XBL indie games. Bought it on Steam now, but would've happily played it on my 360 a long time ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.