Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cube World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 02, 2013

A long-delayed, independently-developed voxel-based exploration RPG.

The alpha is available, has anyone played it?

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm sitting here staring at the button that gets rid of my hard earned money in exchange for software and wondering if it's worth it. I can't seem to find any concrete opinions about the internet just yet(not that I trust, anyway) and I was wondering if any fellow duders or duderinas have spent any time with it.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I have played for a few hours. It has potential, but right now it seems pretty empty. Unless you really like MMO-style combat and slow-ass grinding, save your money for now.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I watched two people play it together last night, and it seems pretty cool. Though, I'd probably agree with AlmostSwedish that it needs work to flesh it out. Yet, it's in an alpha; so, that isn't shocking. I think it has a ton of potential, and I imagine it will be quite good eventually.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have played for a few hours. It has potential, but right now it seems pretty empty. Unless you really like MMO-style combat and slow-ass grinding, save your money for now.

I enjoy the progression elements of MMOs; getting new stuff, enhancing how I look, exploring interesting areas, doing menial tasks for paltry rewards that give me the impression I'm achieving more than I actually am. Are those present?

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@almostswedish said:

I enjoy the progression elements of MMOs; getting new stuff, enhancing how I look, exploring interesting areas, doing menial tasks for paltry rewards that give me the impression I'm achieving more than I actually am. Are those present?

To some degree, yes. As I said it's still pretty light on content. And there are no tutorials so it can be a bit confusing. But it seems like it might be a game for you.

sycoinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a lot more fun with people to play with, currently playing by yourself is a very hard grind and frustrating time from dying... I have been playing on a server I'm hosting via hamatchi with 4-6 people, besides the odd crashes from the server not being able to handle more than 4 people (server scripting issue not pc / connection issues) it has been loads of fun.

Since it is still in Alpha it has lots of improvements that can be made but for a 2 person made game it is very refined and works very well and smooth... once their login's and purchase system work again I say its a BUY for those rpgmmo fans

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.