Curiosity down to last 2 layers!

• 172 results
#151 Posted by EuanDewar (4872 posts) -

that sounds pretty tight

#152 Posted by Sanj (2364 posts) -
#153 Posted by Linkster7 (1021 posts) -

Ok that was kinda awesome, I was seriously just expecting a big fuck you so.

#154 Edited by Bollard (5389 posts) -

@sless said:

This was cool. It could've been some lame piece of "life changing" wisdom, and that would've been lame. It could've been JUST money, which would've been great for the winner but not nearly as interesting. Instead, it's actually pretty cool. I like it.

#155 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Wow, that was a wayyyyy better prize than I was expecting. Now I feel bad for never playing Curiosity, haha.

#156 Posted by Andorski (5236 posts) -

I guess we have to wait for Godus to come out to see if all this fuss about Curiosity is worth it, but I'm kind of excited by the idea that Peter Molyneux might deliver on his wild promise.

I must remain skeptical.

#157 Edited by Akyho (1594 posts) -

j

@legion_: What? That Molynuex is smart man in his use of media once again? First its the weird terms such as "social experiment" gets people to look his way.

Followed by useing curiosity in both senses of the word the App/game and peoples need to know to point more attention towards him.

Then springing up Godus in the middle of it to get crowdfunded useing the attention from curiosity coupled with the words "god game" which he has history with and fans for it. If he had said any other kind of game it would not have been so well received.

Then when the need for for attention towards godus Boom blow up curisosity to get to the core and bam...one big advert for godus.

People who dont care for playing curosity have to look, they need to look and what do they find?

Curiosity Curiosity Godus Godus Godus winner gets to be part of Godus Godus Godus and Godus.

On top of that! What ever money he made with curiosity goes to Godus even with crowd funding and even if Godus is a bad. A huge amount of people will already be invested or intrested atleast know about it.

Now he has Godus right in the light with all the help from curiosity he can switch back on the light and the media will be there looking to see what Godus comes out as even more plublicity!

This guy can get so many people looking his way for such a small cost he dosnt need advertisers, he dosnt need publishers!

All he needs it a little bit of curiosity. That is why I laugh that man has played the system and he plays it well. People arnt even mad it turns out to be a big advert for godus he is smart.

He shouldnt be a games maker he should be part of a marketing team since my god can he market himself.

#158 Posted by Fram (551 posts) -

Lord over a game and potentially make a bunch of cash out of it? Sounds like a decent reward to me!

Molyneux made a promise and it's come good! I guess the coin has to land tails-up eventually...

#159 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -

seems alright, your likeness in a game and money, i would happily accept that

#160 Posted by Legion_ (1270 posts) -

@akyho: Wow, more stupid stuff.

#161 Posted by tread311 (355 posts) -

Man it's too bad the kid seems like a bit of a knob. Waste of a nice prize.

#162 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -
#163 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -
@csl316 said:

I think it's kind of neat. Sure, it means Curiosity was just a marketing ploy for Goddess, but it's better than them just saying "Monsanto is evil" or something.

"Godus".

#164 Posted by Hailinel (24255 posts) -

@tread311 said:

Man it's too bad the kid seems like a bit of a knob. Waste of a nice prize.

What makes you say that? Everything I've read just indicates he's an average teenager that just happened to have the dumb luck of being the winner. He's really no different than anyone else that could have won.

#165 Posted by SecularBaron (180 posts) -

I was hoping the winner would get to spend one passionate night with Peter Molyneux.

#166 Posted by BeachThunder (11792 posts) -

I was hoping the winner would get to spend one passionate night with Peter Molyneux.

Well, he's going to be working with Peter Molyneux, so maybe your perverted fantasy will come true :o

#167 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Fuck I love Mr. Monopoly, this is brilliant.

#168 Posted by tread311 (355 posts) -

@hailinel: He doesn't seem to have any interest in the whole being in the game part. Basically said he won't play it and hopes you can blow people up like in Call of Duty. It's just so very generic a response.

#169 Edited by BeachThunder (11792 posts) -

I am interested to know what they would do if a two-year-old mashing on an iPad won.

#170 Posted by Hailinel (24255 posts) -

@tread311 said:

@hailinel: He doesn't seem to have any interest in the whole being in the game part. Basically said he won't play it and hopes you can blow people up like in Call of Duty. It's just so very generic a response.

To be fair, he had no idea that this opportunity would even be given to him. And if he has no idea what Godus is or had no interest in playing it, it's hard to fault him. I mean, not everyone that played Curiosity is necessarily aware of who Peter Molyneux is or what Godus is.

#171 Posted by Demoskinos (14710 posts) -

@tread311 said:

And?

#172 Posted by mellotronrules (1179 posts) -

while i'm sure there's still an ocean between Moly's video re: the prize and what it'll actually, pragmatically end up being- it really is a fascinating idea. it's almost borderline 'truman show' material- not in the circumstances or actual setup, but rather a situation where all eyes, focus, reactions and attention revolve around a single entity. really interesting indeed.

#173 Posted by EthanML (452 posts) -

Molyneux said 'intrinsic' - everybody drink.

#174 Posted by madman19 (48 posts) -

@zoozilla: I don't think the cube actually got smaller. I am pretty sure each layer had the same number of cubes to click on.

#175 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5351 posts) -

Pretty cool stuff, I actually like that the dude that got it only registered an hour earlier; kind of a fuck you to the fuck you system in place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.