Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cursed Mountain

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Cursed Mountain is a survival horror game developed by Deep Silver for the Nintendo Wii and Windows PC. It features the Buddhist religion heavily.

Why no discussion about this game?

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I've thought a few times that a game in the Himalayas could be pretty cool and I like the idea of fighting ghosts with Buddhist prayers. It reminds me of Cosmology of Kyoto. I don't know much about Deep Silver as a developer, but I think this concept has a lot of promise.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By oraknabo

Still none. I can't even start a conversation about this game.

Granted, there's not a lot of info out there on it, but I think a game like this might get more attention if a bigger publisher was doing it or if it was being made for one of the other consoles.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I'm looking forward to it but, like you said, we really don't know a lot about it. If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't even have a confirmed release date as of now, it's just "TBA 2009".

But I do agree, if it was a bigger publisher it would probably be receiving more attention.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Optiow

I have never even heard of it until now.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss

I heard about it once a while back. Disinterested.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

I've been interested in this game for quite some time, but I can't think of anything to discuss.

Badam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Badam

I just found this game today.

Monteblanco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Monteblanco

Just finished the game and it is great. The visuals are pretty effective and the sound is really fantastic. The game is creepy from beginning to end and the setting is very refreshing. There are no idiotic puzzles or absurd secret bases pop'n up at the corner. The plot actual makes sense and , although I cannot comment the authenticity of the Tibetian's folklore references , it does sound convincing. There are a few problems though. The character movement is somewhat limited and the acting is just average. Some people complain of movement detection at the nunchuck but I haven't found it to be problematic. Finally the complains regarding the slow movement are unfounded. The slow pace adds to the game and it is impossible to move fast at high altitudes under a snow storm. It is the best horror game I played in the last 12 months beating both Dead Space and Resident Evil 4.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By danimal_furry

Hey, I'm here to say I finally played it... after hearing nothing about it. I loved it as a horror game. I even just posted my review of it. I usually hate horror games but this one was cheap and a rare find. I hadn't heard of it before I bought it. It completely surprised me. I was content, seeing the story as way better than anything I've seen in the horror genre, because they usually bore me before i can get through. I liked the walky-talky feature too. Also, beyond the janky controls every now and then, I liked the play. I would like to see a second game, with even better controls... but just as awesome a story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.