Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cut the Rope

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Cut the Rope is a physics based puzzle game. Feed the monster Omnom candy while dodging spikes and spiders.

Cut the Rope: Final Verdict

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

The Good: Cut the Rope was originally sold as a 100-puzzle game, which meant that players were paying just a penny per puzzle. The title has now expanded into a 250-puzzle experience, all for the same insanely low price of $0.99. With dozens and dozens of brain-ticklers ranging in difficulty from "swipe here once, whenever you like" to "perform this exact series of actions, with this exact timing", there's never an opportunity for boredom to set in!

The Bad: Cut the Rope's tunes are just fine, but there are only two of them... and one of them is reserved for menu-surfing! I wish that ZeptoLab could've at least offered a few simple remixes of their one gameplay tune. And even though Cut the Rope is a puzzle game, I was a little let down that it had no story beyond a pair of images that bookend the experience. Even offering one new image to introduce each world would have been an improvement!

The Stand-out Moment: Reuniting two candy halves for the first time in the Valentine Box.

The Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

However, if I had reviewed this title in its original, 100-puzzle form, it would've earned an 8.5.

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

The Good: Cut the Rope was originally sold as a 100-puzzle game, which meant that players were paying just a penny per puzzle. The title has now expanded into a 250-puzzle experience, all for the same insanely low price of $0.99. With dozens and dozens of brain-ticklers ranging in difficulty from "swipe here once, whenever you like" to "perform this exact series of actions, with this exact timing", there's never an opportunity for boredom to set in!

The Bad: Cut the Rope's tunes are just fine, but there are only two of them... and one of them is reserved for menu-surfing! I wish that ZeptoLab could've at least offered a few simple remixes of their one gameplay tune. And even though Cut the Rope is a puzzle game, I was a little let down that it had no story beyond a pair of images that bookend the experience. Even offering one new image to introduce each world would have been an improvement!

The Stand-out Moment: Reuniting two candy halves for the first time in the Valentine Box.

The Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

However, if I had reviewed this title in its original, 100-puzzle form, it would've earned an 8.5.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

From what I played of the browser version, it was actually pretty good. Anyway, I would much rather puzzle games have no story whatsoever than an insubstantial/half-hearted story.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

A review of cut the rope in 2012? Timely!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.