Cyberpunk 2077 trailer song replacement thread

• 82 results
#1 Edited by princess_zelda (53 posts) -

The song in the Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty inappropriate and uncyberpunk. They might as well have played Coldplay. There are millions of options for better trailer songs!

Post some dubs of your ideas.

A Real Hero http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=3&a=L_O3_wnoIv0&as=0

Snatcher - One Night in Neo Kobe http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=10&a=dO9OuKtZklI&as=0

Blade Runner credits http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=10&a=JAwo7DPUFUM&as=0

Psycho Mantis http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=11&a=QvqyR3BG24s&as=0

Shredder's Theme http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=11&a=oGLFu9URwxg&as=9

#2 Posted by ahab88 (238 posts) -

Power - Kanye West

#3 Edited by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

I enjoyed the song... :c

#4 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

@WasabiCurry said:

I enjoyed the song... :c

Same here.

It was very fitting.

#5 Edited by rb_man (451 posts) -
#6 Posted by TheHT (10930 posts) -

@princess_zelda said:

The song in the Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty inappropriate and uncyberpunk.

A Real Hero

lmao

#7 Posted by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -
#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

I had no problem with the original trailer music.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Yeah, the song fit pretty well. This game has quickly shot to the top of my imaginary 'most anticipated' list.

#10 Posted by MildMolasses (3214 posts) -

I really liked that song and went and found more by that artist. I'm not getting the objection. Would you prefer more dubstep? That seems hella cyberpunk

#11 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -
#12 Edited by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

I agree. Although the song gained momentum at the end but overall, it was a poor choice.

Since the game is literally cyberpunk themed, it needs a song that's akin to the subject matter like this Tron: Legacy song by Daft Punk.

#13 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

I really liked that song and went and found more by that artist. I'm not getting the objection. Would you prefer more dubstep? That seems hella cyberpunk

I thought the lyrics were kinda dumb. Took me out of the overall aesthetic. Sonically it was alright I guess.

But hey, whadoiknow.

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

That Archive song was pretty good I thought. Fit with the trailer.

#15 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@Psykhophear said:

I agree. Although the song gained momentum at the end but overall, it was a poor choice.

Since the game is literally cyberpunk themed, it needs a song that's akin to the subject matter like this Tron: Legacy song by Daft Punk.

I really don't know I think a more cyberpunk song would have kind of broke it. Because I really don't think what they were trying to get by using that song was " YO HEY CHECK IT OUT THIS GAME IS CYBERPUNK". I think it was more trying to get at the kind of remorseful tone of the video. At the same time trying to hint at some kind of connection of the 2 characters. Kind of like how they used Rusty Cage for Pray 2 it is more the what the song is trying to mean then how it sounds.

#16 Posted by yinstarrunner (1182 posts) -

@ahab88 said:

Power - Kanye West

I was hoping this would be the first post in this thread. Thank you for not disappointing me, Giantbomb community.

#17 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

@rb_man said:

@Psykhophear said:

I really don't know I think a more cyberpunk song would have kind of broke it. Because I really don't think what they were trying to get by using that song was " YO HEY CHECK IT OUT THIS GAME IS CYBERPUNK". I think it was more trying to get at the kind of remorseful tone of the video. At the same time trying to hint at some kind of connection of the 2 characters. Kind of like how they used Rusty Cage for Pray 2 it is more the what the song is trying to mean then how it sounds.

Yeah, I suppose so - that the developers were aiming for a more subtle tune to compliment the connection between the cyborg chick and the gunman but still, they could've picked a better song. Something with a little cyberpunk flavor to it. Well, at least the trailer didn't use dubstep. I hate that shit.

#18 Edited by princess_zelda (53 posts) -

I'm not mad at it or anything. This thread's supposed to be lighthearted. I just didn't think it evoked the right emotion or get me pumped up for some CYBERPUNK. I don't expect it to sound like Shadowrun or anything but it could be a lot doper than it is.

Here's TIME TRAX - http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=10&a=GqyEbu8cmMg&as=0

#19 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
#20 Posted by rb_man (451 posts) -

@Psykhophear said:

@rb_man said:

@Psykhophear said:

Yeah, I suppose so - that the developers were aiming for a more subtle tune to compliment the connection between the cyborg chick and the gunman but still, they could've picked a better song. Something with a little cyberpunk flavor to it. Well, at least the trailer didn't use dubstep. I hate that shit.

Valid point I think something more cyberpunk would have worked well too if it was in the same tone as the video. That's the main thing that is getting me most of the songs people are saying they should have used are super action when it is a much more slow and somber video.

#21 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -
#22 Edited by themangalist (1727 posts) -
#23 Posted by pyrodactyl (1892 posts) -

@rb_man said:

@ahab88: Done http://lildub.me/?v=P99qJGrPNLs&vs=3&a=ouwCWDbBskU&as=8

Side note I think the song was a good pick because of the the apparent connection of the 2 main dudes. Brother and sister maybe?

yesss. Unfortunatly, ss much as I love Power, the original is better and quite fitting for the tone of the trailer.

#24 Posted by AssInAss (2547 posts) -

@Psykhophear said:

I like the song, looks like the actual music for the game is very daft punk-ish.

From their latest interview, listen to the music. Very Tron Legacy.

#25 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
#26 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -
#27 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The lyrics fit the trailer well, not to mention the song is good/catchy.

#28 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

That song fit perfectly. But lets just go with Power because why the fuck not.

#29 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

What the fuck? That song was perfect and lol at putting a real hero. It fit perfectly in Drive but is completely out of place and simply bad in that game trailer.

@AssInAss said:

@Psykhophear said:

I like the song, looks like the actual music for the game is very daft punk-ish.

From their latest interview, listen to the music. Very Tron Legacy.

Great, now my hype for this game has doubled.

#30 Posted by Bleshoo (118 posts) -
#31 Posted by ahab88 (238 posts) -

@yinstarrunner: Of course I meant it as a throwback to the GB community and glad you were down with the joke. I'm also surprised I was the first person to suggest it.

#32 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@BaneFireLord said:

You mean like this?

What the-- How the fuck does this sync so well? What's going on?

I feel like this is the original trailer... for a different game.
#33 Posted by MachoFantastico (4510 posts) -

@McGhee: Now that's a Cyberpunk world I want to see!

#34 Posted by Abendlaender (2768 posts) -

I really like the song in the trailer. Fits perfectly

#35 Edited by xengiantbomb (20 posts) -

This is a pretty obvious one: Mad World

This is a weird one, being from Argentina I have to suffer something called "Cumbia", well, some "musician" made an english song, it fits really well, though not in a serious way at all: Suffer with me

#36 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

I'm surprised by how many of you liked the actual trailer song. Like the OP, I think it doesn't fit at all. Especially the whiny/emo-voice of the singer is just so unfitting.

#37 Posted by Gruff182 (853 posts) -
#38 Edited by Inkerman (1449 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

You mean like this?

That is goddam amazing. It's so wrong but just so right.

For my two cents I also really liked the song in the trailer, I thought it fit well.

#39 Posted by Ghostiet (5229 posts) -
@MildMolasses said:
As an off-topic, I am actively petitioning for a game in a cyberpunk setting that has a soundtrack made solely of dubstep and glitchpop.
#41 Posted by Fattony12000 (7095 posts) -
#43 Posted by Sogeman (866 posts) -

nah sorry, every song without lyrics just doesn't work with that trailer. You could also post the best song in the history of songs, it still would be worse because the trailer isn't cut to it. It was a great choice.

#44 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#45 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@I_smell said:

@BaneFireLord said:

You mean like this?

What the-- How the fuck does this sync so well? What's going on? I feel like this is the original trailer... for a different game.

Haha that fits so well, just saw Django last night as well.

#46 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Didn't mind it much but could have been better for Cyberpunk with something like The Mission as it seems to fit the overall theme of the Cyberpunk & the lyrics just work for creating a seed of mystery.

#47 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -
#48 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#49 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.