Michael Pondsmith on Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR

#1 Edited by squidraid (129 posts) -

I'm surprised nobody posted this here yet. Michael Pondsmith, the guy at the helm of the old Cyberpunk 2020, talks about what defines the genre and why he has faith in CDPR's vision.

#2 Posted by MB (12197 posts) -

This video has been linked in a couple of the other threads, but there isn't a topic dedicated to it yet. Probably deserves one though, it was an interesting watch and really got me excited for the game.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by SlashDance (1812 posts) -

I think I could listen to this guy talking about cyberpunk all day long.

#4 Posted by squidraid (129 posts) -

Apparently I'm blind. Don't mind me.

It caught my mom's attention when she walked into my room listening to it and she started asking me about the game. Wonders never cease.

#5 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@squidraid said:

I'm surprised nobody posted this here yet.

That's because a lot of users were too busy bitching about Brad's DMC review.

Nice post. +1

#6 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Thanks for posting this! Now I'm gonna go check out some 2020 stuff...

#7 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Also just spotted this link, full of the behind the scenes stuff for the making of the teaser trailer. Lots of shots of the people used for the teaser before they were scanned in as well as some of the concept art. Enjoy.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211

#8 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

@MistaSparkle: You totally should, its a damn fun pen & paper game. I like it a ton more than D&D. The world just feels more tangible and the actions and things I'm doing feel a bunch more realistic as it can be. You can't just use "magic" as an excuse for everything. That and the combat is super crazy and BRUTAL. One of our friends went to dive-roll out a window and in the process of crashing through, got his entire leg blow off by a shotgun at close range, bleed out and died. Another one got caught by a stray bullet in the head and died instantly as we were being chased by a nomad biker group. This was all in like the first two sessions we had ever played. We're about to start up a new game again, pretty excited to play.

#9 Edited by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

@nerdsbeware: That sounds awesome! Every time I played D&D we usually ended up trying to make the rules fit into a more futuristic dystopian world, and I had no idea until recently that there already was a game out there that similarly fit that sort of style. So, yeah, hoping to get into it sometime soon with some friends and get pumped for the release of the new game!

#10 Posted by TheHT (11085 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

Also just spotted this link, full of the behind the scenes stuff for the making of the teaser trailer. Lots of shots of the people used for the teaser before they were scanned in as well as some of the concept art. Enjoy.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211

that's great. the dude looks cooler with the orange jumpsuit.

#11 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

@squidraid said:

I'm surprised nobody posted this here yet. Michael Pondsmith, the guy at the helm of the old Cyberpunk 2020, talks about what defines the genre and why he has faith in CDPR's vision.

Oh Shit, he attended a roleplaying convention in Sweden and I talked to the guy. He loved swedish potato chips haha, he was an awesome guy.

#12 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

I also can't wait to play this as much as he mentioned in the video. This is "THE" game I'm really waiting for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.