Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Headed by "Swery" (creator of the 2010 cult-classic Deadly Premonition), D4 is an episodic adventure game following the surreal mystery of David Young, a private detective with the power to "dive" into past events in order to investigate the murder of his wife.

Game's controls don't appear to work at all.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I can't get past the first tutorial screen using either the kinect or the controller. I get into the game, look at the objects, grab the medal, push the sign. That all works with both control schemes. Then it asks me to either lean left/right with kinect or use LB/RB with the controller to look around. This doesn't work at all. Nothing happens.

I've loaded the game up about five times with and without the kinect plugged in, but the game seems to totally disable the controls. LB/RB work if I jump back to the dashboard, but they don't make me turn in game, and they don't seem to work in the game's menus either.

I've been playing games for 20 years, and this is a first for me. Did Swery make the most broken game of all time, or am I missing something really obvious?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Power Cycle? reinstall??? It's a fully functional game.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shaunage

Power cycle didn't fix it. I'm redownloading it now. It's such a weird problem, and no one else seems to be having it. I feel like a crazy person.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did you hold the bumpers down or just tap them? It took me a few times to realize I had to hold them down to look.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I haven't experienced any control problems with Kinect or controller.

halfameatball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same exact problem. Trying to see what I can do to fix it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you guys updated your controller firmware?

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By webscud

For those that do have it working, how does it play with the controller? I don't have a Kinect.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webscud said:

For those that do have it working, how does it play with the controller? I don't have a Kinect.

plays fine, playing with a bit of both. If you've played the wolf among us or walking dead it's like that.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I think the game is a complete mess, but I literally cannot imagine playing it with the Kinect turned off. I'd say that 75% of the stuff that had me and my mates in tears of laughter, were the weird gestures it'd make you perform. Playing it with a controller would just take all the fun out of the game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Works for me... however this is my first Kinect game. Boy, Kinect is terrible.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The redownload fixed my problem. I just finished the prologue with Kinect controls.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: Go back and play something on the Kinect 1, these controls are a dream in comparison :) If all Kinect games were this weird & dumb I may be onboard.

Avatar image for deactivated-6104e52a892af
    deactivated-6104e52a892af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all commenting here out of desperation. I just bought D4 and I intend to play it with the controller. I don't have Kinect. I have the same problem. LB/RB wont work. I've reinstalled. Hard rebooted the Xbox. Nothing. I can't play the damn game. I've tried holding the buttons nothing. Here's what's weird, the bumpers work up until it's time to play the stupid game. So this is the only post I could find via Google. So please.... HELP!!

Popogegeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Popogegeo

Try deleting your save game information. When I was having that problem it's what worked for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.