Related to the D series?

#1 Posted by Mysterysheep (332 posts) -

I'm really curious if this has anything to do with Kenji Eno's D games. Anyone familiar with the games should be aware that this wouldn't be too odd a fit for Swery. It would certainly make sense after Eno's recent passing. That being said, it would be a bit odd to name it D4 after the last game being D2 (even if the series does have three previous entries).

So what do you make of this? Am I mad? Is resurrecting an obscure series of games last seen on the Dreamcast too weird? Or, is it just weird enough for Swery?

#2 Edited by tourgen (4432 posts) -

I have no idea, but that might be kind of cool.

#3 Edited by TopSteer (640 posts) -

That is what I immediately thought of when I first saw the name of Swery's game, I doubt it though. I wouldn't put it past Swery though and it would be pretty amazing if it is.

#4 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

This is almost certainly not related to the D series.

#5 Edited by Iodine (543 posts) -

Trying to predict Swery just seems like a poor decision

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -

Wasn't D2 supposed to be an entirely separate game from D?

#7 Posted by Mysterysheep (332 posts) -

@video_game_king: Yeah, it was. Kenji Eno had this whole slightly nonsensical idea of making multiple games with different settings and characters but with recurrent "digital actors" always playing the characters in each game. Like I said, nonsensical, but not miles away from Swery either. After all, Forrest Kaysen is in both Spy Fiction and Deadly Premonition but "plays" entirely different characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.