No recent wiki edits to this page.
Dai Meiro is a pure first-person dungeon exploring game. The player controls an archaeologist tasked with the goal of finding 9 pieces of treasure and then locating the exit before running out of hearts. Unlike most dungeon crawlers, there aren't any enemies to worry about, but instead the player loses "Pow" for every step taken. The challenge solely comes from exploring the dungeon maze in the most efficient way possible and minimizing any unintentional back tracking. There is a map available, but it only shows the area in the direct vicinity and costs two hearts to use. Throughout each dungeon there are a number of items to aid in this task.
- Hearts - Refills Pow.
- Heart Jar - Increases the max number of hearts in the Pow meter for the duration of the dungeon.
- Ring - Sets a checkpoint at the current location.
- Broomstick - Warps to either the start of the dungeon, or to a checkpoint set by the ring.
- Compass - Adds a useful needle to the compass at the top right portion of the screen.
- Glasses - Increases the range of the map.
- Bombs - Break walls with a bomb mark on them.
Throughout each dungeon there are minigames that can be played to restore presious hearts on the Pow meter. These can be activated with sections of walls marked with either a heart or a cat. The heart marker starts the slot machine minigame, while the cat marker starts either the slot machine, bridge connecting, card trumping, or block rolling minigames.
- Slot Machine - A standard slot machine, where the number of hearts restored is determined by the results of the spin.
- Bridge Connecting - A face will fall from one of three lines, moving between each line every time it reaches a bridge. Which line the face reaches the bottom on determines the reward. It is possible to manipulate the result by strategically removing these bridges.
- Card Trumping - The player and computer is dealt nine cards each, and both choose a card that will trump the opponent's. This continues until all cards are played and the player with the most victories wins the match.
- Block Rolling - The goal is to move a cube across a large grid to the target area in a limited number of turns. The block cannot move across the red, white, and blue sections of the grid unless it matches the color of the side of the block that it would be landing on.