Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

Get Dan Ryckert to try Mayonnaise?

Airborne2I5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Airborne2I5

Could we the Giant Bomb Community get a jar of Mayonnaise from the East Coast Office to the West Coast Office so Dan Ryckert is forced to try it?

If a jar was sealed, signed, boxed up at the New York office, and delivered from town to town across the country by the Giant Bomb Community would Dan try it finally?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why is this site so obsessed with what Dan eats? The man eats Taco Bell on a regular basis and believes it to be the best food in the world. He's perfectly happy in his ignorance.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what Dan Ryckert eats. Neither should you.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By FacelessVixen

Ew... No. He's better off not eating that stuff.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The man loves Taco Bell, quite possibly the worst food on the planet...there's no helping him.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I don't care what Dan Ryckert eats. Neither should you.

Ayup.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As someone who has unfortunately tried mayonnaise in the past I think we should spare him from such a horrific travesty.

Ketchup though...dude needs to try that.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone here who nay says Mayo has weird tastebuds. As for Dan, we just need to find some food that he eats that has mayo already in it, and tell him that he likes it because of the mayo, he'll be more inclined to try it on it's own or have it more frequently.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Don't do that to Dan. Mayo is gross.

cwniles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer not to think about his dining habits as it reminds me of the chicken fries and the nacho cheese "incidents". As far as mayo, I know it's in Willow Tree Chicken Salad and that stuff is awesome.

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Im'ma go make a sandwich with mayo on it. Then later, gonna get some taco bell. Its gonna be great.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By isomeri

During one of those charity streams someone just needs to make Dan an ordinary turkey sandwich with mayo in it and have him eating it be a "strech goal".

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He's too immature to try anything new

Airborne2I5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care what Dan eats. However, on "A Very Ryckert Summer Podcast (2015)" he mentioned that he would try mayo if it was delivered to the California office by the community. Is this possible? Could/would the community make this happen? I live in the Midwest and would happily drive my leg of the journey.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He already has tried it. As someone who hates mayo, I can tell you it is impossible to avoid it entirely (in the USA). Restaurants are enamored with the slop. You can ask them not to put it on, but they will anyway. The main reason I avoid Taco Bell is they put too much mayo (or mayo-like substances) on everything.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stop caring about Dan's eating habits. He's perfectly happy eating terrible food.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got it.

If Dan ends up not winning the majority Mario Party Parties he has to eat mayonnaise on stream.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Dan, we just need to find some food that he eats that has mayo already in it, and tell him that he likes it because of the mayo, he'll be more inclined to try it on it's own or have it more frequently.

Either that or he'll just pretend that there is not, in fact, mayo in the food he likes. Again.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan has tried it. In the form of Aioli. Aioli is flavored Mayo. He will deny it, but it is FACT

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I don't really see the point of having Dan try anything. Oh, it funny, but what is the point. Dan is the rare combo of a picky eater who is at the same time TOTALLY oblivious to the ingredients list or food menu description of what he puts in his mouth.

He has tried many of things he doesn't like, and he admits his dislike of thing like for instance sour creams is dumb since he has EATEN it. The fact that Dan admits this is crazy takes half the fun out of it. The other half of the fun is suffocated by the fact that he has NO CLUE what is in most foods. That means nearly half the list of things he says he doesn't eat he HAS eaten likely hundreds of times.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mayo is good.
    I don't give a fuck about Dan Ryckert's eating habits.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hatking
    @subliminalkitteh said:

I think everyone here who nay says Mayo has weird tastebuds. As for Dan, we just need to find some food that he eats that has mayo already in it, and tell him that he likes it because of the mayo, he'll be more inclined to try it on it's own or have it more frequently.

No, he'll just quit eating those foods or ask for them without sauce.

I try not to judge him though because it's clearly not just him being stubborn. He's talked openly about his anxiety issues and his issues with food. I think there's probably something there mentally blocking him from feeling okay about those foods he avoids. As a man who didn't have a salad until my twenties, I can relate. It's something you can get over though, but it takes personal effort, and people constantly trying to swindle you into trying the foods really only triggers that anxiety.

Edit: Also, this seems tangentially related, but as a person who worked many food service jobs during high school and college, I can say Taco Bell is far and away the cleanliest of the lot. I'm not sure if that should be a more disturbing assessment of the rest or make you feel better about Taco Bell though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.