Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

The Blurst of Dan Ryckert (Video)

• 62 results
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Drebin_893

Dan Ryckert is the best.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@jakob187: I do not speak pog. Can someone explain what happened there?

Just hit up YouTube for "how to play POG" and you'll understand. It's easier to do that actually than try to explain in text.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Love that goddamn man. Giantbomb got a new lease on life when he showed up.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cooljammer00 said:

@undeadpool: Nah, man. If I needed more people in my life who do things just to upset people, I'd just visit the internet more.

Yeah, but once you're "in" on the joke, it's actually pretty hilarious. He's not just being "edgy" and saying shit that's "too real" like most people on the internet who say stuff just to piss people off are.

There's an artfulness to the Rykert Troll.

I get it. I don't care for it, but I get what he's trying to do. But at a certain point, he's being an asshole just to be an asshole. When are we going to stop admiring trolls?

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool said:
    @cooljammer00 said:

@undeadpool: Nah, man. If I needed more people in my life who do things just to upset people, I'd just visit the internet more.

Yeah, but once you're "in" on the joke, it's actually pretty hilarious. He's not just being "edgy" and saying shit that's "too real" like most people on the internet who say stuff just to piss people off are.

I get it. I don't care for it, but I get what he's trying to do. But at a certain point, he's being an asshole just to be an asshole. When are we going to stop admiring trolls?

He's only trolling internet morons. What's the issue here?

st0z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Jeff's slow turn to camera is spectacular as well haha

Avatar image for williamflattener
    williamflattener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By williamflattener

@quantris said:
    @szlifier said:

@jslack Hey, there's an interesting bug in this thread where last 10 posts are in italics.

Somehow there's an unclosed <em> tag in @williamflattener's post.

Holy shit. You know what happened? I entered some weird keyboard emojis to show musical notes because I had written "simply the blurst" which doesn't seem to have shown up. Not only do I look like an inarticulate madman, but now I've somehow introduced a new bug into everyone's comments after me!

Sorry everyone! Or, should I be reveling in my newfound power?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I forgot how much I love that Pogs bit.

I've been rewatching a lot of GB content recently and it's maybe the best UPF segment.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammer00 said:
    @undeadpool said:
    @cooljammer00 said:

I don't know if it's just my upbringing but I was taught that you still shouldn't be an asshole to people even if you don't like them.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@retris said:
    @jsnyder82 said:
    @cooljammer00 said:
    @undeadpool said:
    @cooljammer00 said:

I don't know if it's just my upbringing but I was taught that you still shouldn't be an asshole to people even if you don't like them.

I mean the issue at some point becomes that "internet trolling" used to mean something entirely different. If Andy Kaufman did his thing 30 years later, he'd be called a "troll." Now I'm not saying Dan's Andy Kaufman, but I'm saying there's an artfulness to when he mocks people who take themselves too seriously and does it without attacking them personally. He never stoops to "edgy" humor or comments and rarely goes after anyone who's not in on the joke, if ever.

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The realization of the Ash Ketchum pun was something else.

Reminded me of a similar moment that happened on an old bombcast.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.