Active DDR Communities?

#1 Posted by RedRocketWestie (381 posts) -

Looks like these forums don't get much action, but on the chance there are a bunch of people still interested in the DDR scene, do you know if there are forums/sites still devoted to DDR discussion, or is it mostly a dead phenomenon? It looks like DDRfreak.com is the most active, but even they don't have too many recent posts, and the site feels like its server is dying for how frequently it fails to load pages.

I ask because I have some dance pads that I'm trying to find a good home for and I have no idea whether it's even reasonable to expect someone to want them, but if they did, I'd be able to find them on a specialty forum.
#2 Posted by pieman32 (163 posts) -

maybe in asia. i think guitar hero made everyone forget about the whole ddr thing, cause it was a new wave of music games.

#3 Posted by OppressiveStink (356 posts) -
@RedRocketWestie: DDR is almost dead in the US.  Bemanistyle is about the only real still-alive community.   http://www.bemanistyle.com/

I just use the DDR sim with a cobalt flux pad at home and that's about as much of a DDR community that really still exists here in nebraska (We actually used to have one of the large ones).
#4 Posted by RedRocketWestie (381 posts) -

Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at bemanistyle. I doubt I'd be able to cover shipping costs selling to someone in Asia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.