Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 25, 2014

A third person action spin-off in the Danganronpa series, it thrusts the player into battle against an army of man-eating Monokumas.

So....this came out in the US

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So it seems I'm the only person who bought this? Anyone else pick this up. So far, I'm through the prologue (managed to avoid spoilers so far) and I'm finding the story's just as compelling as the other games (although the shooty sections are kinda ehh so far).

Any impressions?

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Par1val

Wait what is this? I loved the other two But I somehow missed this.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be playing this if the LE from NISA had shipped, but apparently I'm going to have to wait. Really excited for when it finally does arrive.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So it seems I'm the only person who bought this? Anyone else pick this up. So far, I'm through the prologue (managed to avoid spoilers so far) and I'm finding the story's just as compelling as the other games (although the shooty sections are kinda ehh so far).

Any impressions?

I've gotten this two days early in Europe and while everyone else has been going nuts over the new MGS, THIS has been the game i've been looking forward to for a while. I just love the Danganronpa series, the wacky stuff that goes on is like nothing else. Anyway, I also just finished the Prologue and I'm really impressed so far. The style and presentation that comes with this series is just so fantastic. The shooting works way better than i'd thought it would. Very RE4 inspired.

So in short, absolutely loving it. A welcome addition to the series.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's on my to-get list, but man I don't know when ill have the time

UracilHokeNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew about this, but I wasn't intending to pick it up. Danganronpa 1 and 2 are amazing, but I don't know if I really want to play a shooter in that same style. I guess my main concern is how much story content there is and if it's up to the standard of the mainline games. After all, hearing about P4A, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if I had a PS3, even though I don't care about fighting games at all.

What do you think of the story so far? Is it interesting in the same way that the main games are? Are there good characters and social content like the DR1/2 free time? I think it'd be pretty cool to see Danganronpa characters in 3D, if the story holds up. Also, can you play with Japanese voice acting + English subtitles?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

if it wasn't for this series...

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

What's the like likelihood of them doing a quicklook for this? Probably 0% chance right? Seems like Patrick was the only one who cared about this series, though Austin did manage to put it in his latest Friday sum up.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the first two games, but that was mainly due to the class trials. So I'm on the fence about this one, hence I've still not picked it up.

Looking for some positive reinforcement from this thread before I do...

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What's the like likelihood of them doing a quicklook for this? Probably 0% chance right? Seems like Patrick was the only one who cared about this series, though Austin did manage to put it in his latest Friday sum up.

I think they gave up trying to record Vita games, so basically 0% yeah.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#12 riostarwind  Moderator

I plan on picking this up at some point but thanks to a bunch of other games coming out at the same time I'm waiting a bit before picking it up. I haven't heard anything about how good the action is but the story is apparently still pretty good.

Kiryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk what this game is about.

Bajumeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm definitely gonna pick this up once I'm done with MGSV. Loved the first two games, so I'm looking forward to being back in that universe again. The gameplay looks decent enough, but I'm there for the story and it sounds pretty interesting.

UracilHokeNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethanielrain said:

@wrenchninja said:

I think they gave up trying to record Vita games, so basically 0% yeah.

They quick looked Persona 4 Dancing All Night on Vita (on a PS TV actually). This game is also PS TV compatible, I believe, so there's no technical problem stopping them. Unfortunately I just don't think they're interested; they didn't talk much about DR1 or DR2, for example. I think Patrick Klepek was the only one who ever played it, and also perhaps Vinny mentioned it at some point (I remember some joke about it being called Dragon Grandpa).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.