Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 25, 2010

Ace Attorney meets action and rhythm games with a plot resembling Battle Royale in this "high speed detective action game" from Spike for the PSP.

Release Date: Feb. 11, 2014

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    No Caption Provided

The release date for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, the localized version of a Japanese game originally released in 2010, is going to be February 11, 2014 for North America and February 14, 2014 for Europe, according to the PlayStation blog.

My interest of this game derives from the fact that every time I've heard the words "Danganronpa", people have frequently compared it to the following:

• Ace Attorney series
    • Zero Escape series (999 and Virtue's Last Reward)
    • Battle Royale
    • Persona series

All of that kind of makes it sound like this is supposed to be the best game of all time, which is why I'm skeptical despite my interest on getting it when it comes out.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I'm kinda looking forward to it? I hear some crazy and good things about it but I don't know if I want to pay full price on it...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The PSP version has had a translation patch available for a while. Also NISA is literally selling you half a game for full price.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Looking forward to playing it for myself instead of being subjected to the opinions of people that have only watched a let's play on Youtube. The premise sounds interesting enough, but yeah, that rabid fanbase is terrifying. The people who love this game really love it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bocam said:

The PSP version has had a translation patch available for a while. Also NISA is literally selling you half a game for full price.

The latter sounds a bit egregious, but it's worth supporting official localizations if only to see upcoming games in the series released outside of Japan.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fluxwavez: Considering the Japanese Vita version (which has both games) is going for $45. They have some balls charging $40 for a localization that seems worse than both fan translations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.