Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 25, 2010

Ace Attorney meets action and rhythm games with a plot resembling Battle Royale in this "high speed detective action game" from Spike for the PSP.

Trigger Happy Havoc Dangan Ronpa announced for 2014

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

A localization of Danganronpa's finally going to be released via NIS America and is slated for an early 2014 release for North America and Europe on the Vita. Only the localization of the first game in the series has been announced and not the second.

This is really exciting for me because I've been waiting to play this for a long time. When a game is described as 999 x Ace Attorney x Persona, I'm in.

Official PR:

Anime Expo, Calif. (July 6, 2013) – NIS America is thrilled to announce that the highly popular mystery adventure game, DanganRonpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. The game is a revised and revamped edition of a title originally released on the

PlayStation®Portable in Japan in 2010. You’ll take on the role of Makoto Naegi, a desperately average teenager who somehow finds himself accepted into Hope's Peak

Academy, a prestigious high school normally reserved for the nation's most "ultimate" students. But when he arrives, he and the other students soon find themselves trapped in a battle for survival against a twisted mastermind who has taken them all prisoner. You'll have to unmask the villain and uncover the secret of the school...or die trying!

For more information, please visit NISAmerica.com/danganronpa/

About the game:

Hope's Peak Academy is home to Japan's best and brightest high school students—the

beacons of hope for the future. But that hope suddenly dies when Makoto Naegi and his

classmates find themselves imprisoned in the school, cut off from the outside world and

subject to the whims of a strange, murderous little bear named Monokuma. He pits the

students against each other, promising freedom to anyone who can murder a fellow

classmate and get away with it. It's up to you to find out who Monokuma really is, and why you've been taken from the world you once knew. But be careful what you wish for—

sometimes there’s nothing more deadly than the truth...

Key features:

Daily Life, Deadly Life: Trapped in a school-turned-prison, students are murdering each

other one by one. You’ll have to investigate each incident, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to try and get to the bottom of each brutal case!

Mock Trial: The nefarious Monokuma serves as judge, jury, and executioner as you engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects, dissecting their statements and firing their words back at them to expose their lies!

Popularity Contest: Sway classmates to your side in each investigation, squeezing

information from them to figure out who did it. And when you do, turn up the heat in a

variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to uncover the truth and save your skin!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Sounds promising. I will be looking forward to it.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

When a game is described as 999 x Ace Attorney x Persona, I'm in.

I haven't seen a single frame of footage from the game, but with a description like this, I suppose I'll just hand it my GOTY. (just kidding, of course, sounds good though.)

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

saw the first episode of the anime and found the concept of the story interesting. Would be something i would like to play but 2014 seems so far away.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Boo. Only on handhelds. =(

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

I am actually really surprised that an official localization for DanganRonpa was announced so soon after the release of the fan translation patch by Zetsubou. I've been playing the game for the past week and been loving every minute of it so I'm very happy to hear this news. DanganRonpa and Steins;Gate both announced for English release on the same day, good time to be an adventure game fan!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@animasta: I know, still suuucks cause I'd be interested in playing this but I don't do hand helds.

Dryss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fear I've been spoiled by orenronen's outstanding work on the original Let's Play translation of this game, and that the official translation won't hold up. Zetsubou is decent, but they made some really strange choices - for example, leaving the school untranslated as Kibougamine, even though that literally means "Hope's Peak." And "(un)luckster" and "super duper" are just bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.